THIRTY

LORD RAIDEN WAITED PATIENTLY FOR Ukyo to return from the tasks he sent him to complete. One was to keep tabs on Akira Hiromitsu and her friends, the other was to return to the forbidden palace in Ushinatta with the large supply of Chrysalis he asked for.

The machine before him, hummed as the dark energy radiating from it filled Lord Raiden with pleasure. There was almost enough power to open the rift to Yomikuni and set Emperor Isamu free.

Soon, Lord Raiden would have the world he'd dreamt of. A world where he is wanted. A world where no one will cast him away for who he is.

Lord Raiden couldn't do it alone. That's when he found Em­peror Isamu, the first emperor of Kivvora, who had the same plans for this fabri­cated land of so called 'hope'.

But Emperor Isamu failed many years ago. That's when Lord Raiden finished the machine Emperor Isamu started. The machine which would turn Kivvora to his vision.

Lord Raiden looked out the window, grinning. Kivvora wouldn't be bright for long.

Everyone will see and feel what he saw and felt.

They'll think again before casting him away and refusing to help when he needed it the most.

Kivvora deserved to suffer for what it's done. And no one, not even Akira Hiromitsu and her petty Guardian friends would be able to save this world.

A whoosh sounded beside him and emerging from a portal, Ukyo pulled two large metal barrels of Chrysalis behind him. He dragged them to the machine and dumped the liquid inside.

After the last drop of Chrysalis fell in, the energy darkened and the loading bar that had been idling at twenty percent shot straight to ninety percent.

Now, all Lord Raiden needed was the good energy. The Stones of Balance. As he remembered that, a thought crossed his mind about the other quest he sent Ukyo on.

"The Guardians. What have they been up to?"

"They've been out of sight for a while now," Ukyo said. "I think that rumor you asked me to start has gotten to their heads."

Lord Raiden chuckled. "Don't let them fool you." He stopped and looked out the widow, admiring the darkness outside. "I sense we will be seeing them soon."

"Would you like me to continue patrolling Shizukana?"

"No," Lord Raiden said. "I have a better plan. We're going to lure those Guardians to us. But while we're doing that, I need you to find some information on the Stones of Balance."

"You want me to go to Rotasu?"

"Precisely..."

Ukyo nodded with a grunt. "I'll see what I can do."

His hand glowed and created a portal leading back to Lord Raiden's lab.

"Don't worry, Ukyo. Master will be free very soon. We just need those Stones."