TWENTY (part 1): the forbidden guardian

AKIRA FINISHED TELLING MASTER YUUTO about the incident with Lord Raiden and he glared at the Guardians. His eyes said that he knew something... but didn't say a word.

Yuuto narrowed his gaze. Akira stiffened from where she stood against the wall of the living room. This had to have been more serious than she thought if Master Yuuto looked that pissed.

"Why did you six put yourselves in danger like that?" He raised his voice. "Do you have any idea what he could have done to all of you?"

Akira pushed herself from the wall, "You knew about Lord Raiden and didn't anything to us?" She responded with the same tone.

Master Yuuto calmed himself. "No..." he sighed. "But I do know about the powers at his hands. He isn't working alone."

That damned silence again. 

"If he's playing with this artificial power he calls Chrysalis, Lord Raiden has struck a deal with a vile force that has no right to be here in Kivvora."

More silence...

"An evil I thought would be long gone." Yuuto said, his voice quiet and afraid.

Akira frowned as she leaned back against the wall. Guilt tugged her heart. If she would have known Master Yuuto knew about Chrysalis and was afraid of it, she wouldn't have snapped at him. She crossed her arms and kept quiet just in case she'd say something else wrong.

"What evil?" Harumi asked.

Master Yuuto paused a long time before responding. "There are many things I haven't shared with any of you yet. Things I'm not too proud to speak about." He sighed. "But now may be the right moment to talk."

"Long ago, there was a lady, the youngest child of Izanagi and Izanami. She could harness every element known in Kivvora. When the celestial and lunar war broke out, these ele­ments were given to her by her brothers and sisters, the original  masters of that element, before she was sent to this world to protect it and the elements."

"She made many friends during her time in Kivvora and gave her most trusted friends an element until she had only two left to protect. The element of destruction energy, and the element of creation energy. The humans she'd given her other elements to were to become the first Guardians of that element they possessed."

"Thousands of years passed, and this woman found love with a man and later birthed two sons. Twins. With her remaining elements, she gave one to each son. The oldest wielded destruction, the youngest wielded cre­ation. And together, the brothers worked to keep Kivvora in balance."

"The oldest was to become the first emperor of Kivvora. The young­est was to guard, protect and train the seven Core Guardians their mother deemed as sacred. And three of the seven sacred, are the Hajimari. The back bone and glue of the Core."

Akira's eyes widened as she pieced the story bit by bit and gasped. "That lady was your mother!" she said. "But then that would mean..." Akira tried counting on her fingers, her toes, then in her head. She looked at the Energy Guardian. "How old are you?"

"1,568." He smiled. "Magumi Sugita was the name of my mother, and she raised me and my brother, Isamu well. Until one day, Isamu had a dark idea. He became jealous of my role and resented me. This alone corrupted his heart, transforming him into a tyrant."

Silence filled the room. Master Yuuto continued.

"My mother gave Isamu many chances. But he would not listen. He believed the world should be turned into how he viewed it, no matter how long it took him. My mother tried and tried with Isamu, but when he didn't change, she banished him to Yomikuni, a dark, dark realm where he can't escape."