Envy

She'd followed that incompetent, she was a piece of shit compared to me.

Why did she do it? Why did she want to get away from me?

I was going to have to lock her up again. Although I'd enjoyed my time with her.

I didn't want to lose her, she was mine.

She didn't realize the state she was putting me in.

I was never angry, but she'd manage to get me out of my temper, and when I corrected someone, it was always in the calmest of moods.

Aris, you're slowly consuming my soul.

Mother, help me...

I should have listened to your advice, locked her up and thrown away the key.

What do I have to do to stop her wanting to leave me?

Mother, I think I...

No! It's not me.

I don't want her love. I want to possess her forever.

- Love?

she whispers

I run my hand through my hair, stopping to face her.

Her eyes, I could see my own reflection in them.

Her very eyes that drove me to commit, this crime.

I wanted to go far away to a place where no one would ever find me.

Away from mother.

Away from her.

These women are destroying me.

- You're walking too fast, my feet hurt.

I bend down and lift her off the ground. She lets out a surprised rattle as I balance her on my shoulder.

My mind was totally foggy, I couldn't think straight.

- Please don't punish me, you understand the situation I'm in, you're taking me away, torturing me and I should stay close to you? Don't make me laugh.

I walk into a room and toss her onto the couch there.

She looks at me in exasperation.

- Why are you so unbearable today? First you don't want us to be children and now you're going to be a bitch on someone else's doorstep.

She gets up and slaps me on the cheek.

I look at her surprised, tears streaming down her cheeks.

- I hate you, you're the one who kidnapped me, hurt me, tortured me, how could I want a family life with a monster like you. I'd rather you killed me than spend another second with you. I hate you Love, and I always will.

Why did her words hurt so much? I couldn't understand what I'd done wrong. It pierced my heart, as if she were passing on her pain.

I try to get closer to her, but she pulls away.

- Going home tonight was a bad idea, I just wanted you to be able to get out a little. But it turned into a fiasco.

She had lowered her head to the ground, and I felt as if something inside her had broken.

Did I blame myself?

I had no idea...

Was I even capable of that?

No, Mother didn't make me that way.

I ran my hand through my hair, still staring at her.

Mother, please help me.

I can't let her go.

I need her.

Because you're gone.