Broken Heart

Listen to Chris Grey Let the world Burn
------

- Love... How long have I been sleeping?

She'd just woken up, and after dinner we'd settled down on the sofa to watch a film. His body seemed to have accumulated a lot of fatigue.

- It's been a good hour, do you want us to stay here or go to the bedroom?

- I'd rather paint.

It was the middle of the night, and that's what she was thinking about, painting of course, I wasn't going to stop her.

My phone vibrated on the table, which I picked up as I got up.

- What are you hiding from me?

I turn around in surprise.

I wasn't hiding anything - well, I was, but it was a surprise.

- Nothing interesting, it's for work, I'm waiting for the important documents. You wanted to paint, go ahead. I'll catch up with you later.

Leaving in a hurry, I head for this locked room, and on my way back, I make sure to lock the door behind me.

- Love!

She was calling me, but it wasn't the right time.

I turn on the light, numerous photos and objects belonging to her fill the room. Clothes I'd taken from her, plus underwear, lots of it.

I'd come here when my desire to fuck her in her sleep was much too strong. I could smell her directly through the fabric, or masturbate with it.

This only satisfied me for a short time, because the next day, I'd find myself at her place, caressing her body. When she was asleep.

I couldn't resist the urge. I loved to feel her body trembling under my fingers. Each time, I left her in a sorry state.

Everything in that room reminded me of my sick obsession with her.

Mother always told me not to regret the harm I might have done to others, because it deserved it. She also said I was born to punish them.

But with her, it was impossible not to regret, whatever it was, she was like a mirror showing me my darkest sides that I idolized.

Was I too supposed to move on after she was gone? I'd never be able to. My heart had been rebuilt with her.

When she was gone. It would fall apart again and the darkness would send me to the bottom.

She was just a glimmer of light I could only touch for a brief moment.

The door opens, I jump.

- Love, you...

She stops and looks around, I see her eyes open wide.

- Aris, it's well...

I didn't know what to say, my words wouldn't come out, I tried to approach her, but she backed away. How could I have forgotten? I terrified her.

I lower my head to my feet and don't move.

She then walks back into the room, and I look up to follow her with my eyes, stopping for several shots of her asleep, then triggering one where she was painting.

- This one is magnificent.

My heart was pounding. I couldn't believe she'd say that, I thought more that she'd feel disgust towards me. But that doesn't reassure me.

- You have a gift for photography.

She continues to move around the room, moving her eyes over the vast majority of the photos, the whole picture.