Access path

- Let me take care of you.

She reaches into her medical bag and pulls out several compresses and some disinfectant.

- Why did you send Dareios away.

Tapping lightly on my lip, I didn't even react to the pain my lip was causing me.

- He just looked down on me.

Suddenly she presses harder on my wound, and I glare at her.

She pretended not to care; her brother seemed to count for a lot in her life.

The fact that she hit me proved it beyond doubt. I'd like to hit him again so we can be quiet.

My face was damaged by it, he's really a weakling, I hadn't even put all my strength into it.

- You deserved it anyway.

I roll my eyes as she moves her hand away from my face.

It's annoying, the way she reminds me of unpleasant things.

- He had done his job properly.

She frowns.

- You're making fun of me, kicking her out just because he didn't realize you were the boss. That's really low of you. Did you at least inform her employees?

What did I know, it's Laïla who's in charge of all that, I only validate when she tells me, well when I actually listen to what she's saying.

- They're supposed to know.

The blame was put on me, every employee has to do their job properly, no matter how insignificant they are in the company. They have to be beyond reproach.

- Apologize to him.

What's up?

- No way!

She blows as she applies cream to my wound.

- Love, if you don't apologize take him back, he really needs this job. If you won't do it for him, at least do it for me.

I run my hand through my hair, my eyes sliding over her face, the scar on it still showing a little. It would never go away.

I hadn't gone easy on her that day, I wanted her to understand that I wasn't joking. It didn't matter how determined he was, mine was stronger.

- I'll think about it, if he apologizes.

She raises her eyes to the sky. Then smiled in a corner.

- Don't worry, you're still as handsome as ever.

I cross my arms over my chest and sneer.

- Flattery doesn't work on me, puppy.

She laughs back, tapping my shoulder.

- I was wondering when you were going to call me that again, Mr. Braham.

I slip my hands around his waist, then kiss his forehead.

- I was just waiting for you to give me the pole, Madame Braham.

She pulls away from me in embarrassment.

- Do you still want me to be your wife?

Of course, you can't be anyone else's, you're mine. How many times do I have to tell her to get it into her skull?

Maybe I should engrave it on her body, she'd hold it better if she saw it regularly.

- What about you?