Requiem

Our gazes land on Laïla, who had a frown on her face and several documents in her hands.

- Put them on the desk, you'll just have to pick them up after I leave.

Her eyes move from me to Aris, and she stares at her before placing the documents on the table.

- See you tomorrow, sir.

She exits, without giving Aris another glance.

- Are you really going to keep it?

She raised her eyebrows in dismay, and I shrugged, taking hold of her chin.

I kiss her lips greedily, she clings to my suit. I groan slightly as my tongue makes contact with hers.

She pulls away from me breathlessly, pressing her forehead to mine.

- If we keep this up, we'll be late. Dareios is waiting for us.

I roll my eyes at the sound of her name, and end up smiling as I think of my revenge. Of course, this would have to be done behind Aris's back, otherwise she'd kill me.

- Is he coming with us?

I'm going to give him a hard time.

She nods positively as she leaves my arms and heads for the door, opening it and telling me to get out.

- I'll be there in 5 minutes, I've got to finish her documents.

I point to them with my chin, she closes the door and moves closer to the desk to sit down again, on the chair I'd prepared for her earlier.

- I'll wait for you then.

I smile as I take the documents to leaf through them, already beginning to impose my signature on a few.

Her gaze was on me, I could feel it, watching every move I made, like a cat whose frantic movements insist on playing.

I liked knowing that his gaze never wavered from me.

I'm your world, my love. The best thing I ever did was take you away, because now you can't live without me.

- Should I be prepared to be hit?

She let out a slight laugh as she touched my hand.

- No, my father isn't violent, he's never even laid a hand on us.

I don't know why I felt a touch of sadness in her voice.

- Is everything all right?

She nods simply, I was right, she's hiding something.

- Is there something you're not telling me?

- No, he hasn't.

I squinted, strange. I thought for sure...

She gets up.

- I'll wait for you in the car after all, give me your keys.

I frown as I give her the keys, she's running away from me, you're really not very good at lying, my love.

I'll see when I get there.

Touching my lip, which was still a little swollen, if I get hit again, I'll end up with a split lip and a scar.

Closing the last file, I leave the office and see Aris facing Laïla accompanied by another employee.

I stop at a safe distance to observe the scene.

- It's crazy, security really does let anyone in here.

They laughed, crossing their arms over their chests.