Chapter Eighteen Bombed

May 26th

(Fiona Frost) I was sitting in the library with Anya helping her study for her exams next week when I heard a rapid ticking sound and I barely managed to flip the table over and I dove on top of Anya to cover her before a series of explosions ripped throughout the library, Anya was screaming in absolute terror as the library started to crumble all around us, I remained on top of her protecting her from the falling debris.

Once I was sure that it was safe to climb off our Anya I got off of her before I threw the table off of us which lifted up a bookshelf that was laying on across the table and it clattered to the floor, I then picked up Anya and I carefully walked through the rubble of the destroyed Library, It's alright kiddo you're okay now let's get to safety to which Anya said with a quivering voice okay Auntie!

When I arrived at the front door of the building I kicked it open and I ran out of the building just as the building began to collapse from the inside, I couldn't help but watch the building cave inwards, Anya asked can we go home Auntie? We will get you home soon kiddo though first we have to go and see mine and your papa's boss and inform her on what has happened.

I took off walking at a brisk pace to the Westalis Embassy to meet up with Handler Anya fell asleep in my arms from all the events of the past hour I'm so very grateful that I had heard the sound of the detonator just before the explosion, if I hadn't heard it when I did I'm not sure that Anya would be alive right now, Once I reached the embassy I asked the secretary to schedule a meeting with Deputy Sherwood immediately.

After Secretary Joan had arranged the meeting I was told that Deputy Sherwood would meet with me immediately in her office, I then walked quickly down the hallway to Handler's office and once we arrived I opened the office door and then I walked inside the office, Ah Ms Frost it's nice to see you again, I then closed the door behind me with my foot.

I sat down and Sylvia said in a hushed voice it's good to see you Nightfall! What happened and said there was an explosion at the Berlint Public Library and now there is a fucking crater the size of a meteorite crash site boss! Anya began to stir in my arms and once she was awake she locked eyes with our boss.

Hello Papa's boss! I cringed at her way of addressing Handler and to my surprise Sylvia began to chuckle and she said Hello young one, So you are Loid's famed daughter Anya it's so nice to finally meet you, We are so glad that you are okay and you weren't hurt during the incident.

Anya said can I please go home now and Sylvia said yes you may honey Fiona please escort Ms. Forger home and I said your order is my command Deputy Ambassador and then I took Anya home.