Chapter Fifty Nightfalls New Assignment

June 28th

(Nightfall) I ducked into the restaurant's dimly lit dining room and I then walked over to the isolated booth where I would be meeting with Handler to discuss the details for my upcoming mission, I would be lying if I didn't admit that I'm quite curious about what this new mission would entail, Once I reached the booth in the very back corner of the restaurant I climbed into the booth before I proceeded to sit down.

Greetings Handler! Greetings Agent Nightfall I'm incredibly glad that you are here to meet me on such short notice Handler said, So what is my mission going to entail ma'am? Your mission is to go deep undercover to get into the inner circle of National Union Party and in order to get into their inner circle you will need to infiltrate the Ostanian Government to make sure they aren't a part of whatever the National Union Party is planning.

I was taken aback and after a few minutes of processing all the information I had been told I asked, Wait I thought that Twilight had dismantled their operations when that snake died ma'am? Well according to one of our informants the snake is still alive and well, I was completely blindsided by this revelation.

Shit this could completely effect the entire Reunification Process between Westalis and Ostania boss! Well that's where you come in dear! Handler then handed my instructions on what my main objectives for this mission are and I'm very unsure how I can possibly accomplish this mission, I thought back to one of my earliest training sessions with Twilight.

Remember Nightfall in order to understand a target's intentions or motives you need to think and understand what your target could be planning, But Twilight how can I understand their intentions without endangering myself? That is not for me to decide Nightfall! There will come a time when you'll have to figure it out on your own.

I'm incredibly grateful for all the lessons Twilight taught me prior to him taking on his last mission of Operation Strix and I honestly hoped that that damned snake would be dead but it looks like Wise killed the wrong person, Nightfall are you still there? Yes I am boss sorry I got a little bit distracted but yes I can/will complete this mission and I will make sure that damned snake actually dies this time!

Good I just know that you will try your absolute best to complete the mission dear! You're dismissed and don't forget that starting Monday morning you will be starting the job! Yes ma'am I saluted my boss and then I headed  back home where I would be spending all the remaining days with Yuri and Melia, Because as soon as Monday morning rolls around I probably won't be able to see either of them as much as I would like to.

Once I had entered our four bedroom house I headed upstairs to take a shower and relax.