Chapter Sixty Six A Threat From The Past Emerges

July 25th

(Melinda Desmond) I was sleeping my bedroom when I heard the sound of my German Shepherd Ajax whimpering from downstairs and so I quietly got out of bed but not before I grabbed my Beretta pistol from inside my mattress before I tiptoed downstairs, Once I had reached the main floor I entered into the living room and I followed the sound of Ajax's cries.

I walked just past my recliner in the living room and I found Ajax's whimpering in his sleep and so I knelt down and I began to gently stroke his back with my hand and I said shh shh it's okay Ajax I got you darling and over time the whimpering came to a stop which to me was a relief knowing that my darling dog was no longer scared, I remained on the floor with Ajax for a while until he was soundly asleep again.

I then quietly stood up and I then made my way over to my recliner and as I walked over to my chair I felt a chill run down my spine even though I had no idea why I felt it happen, though I proceeded to ignore it though I remained on high alert, I haven't felt this scared since the last time I saw my ex husband at the divorce hearing, I honestly hope that I never see him again.

But knowing my luck he might show up one of these days which is why I'm incredibly thankful for all the training that my son and daughter in law taught me in the years prior to their move to the United Kingdom, I'm a master martial artist and an expert sharpshooter with a gun, I attempted to go back to sleep but I still couldn't shake the feeling of fear and unease.

I heard a deep voice say from behind me Hello Melinda dear and I slowly turned my chair and I came face to face with the man who has haunted my dreams for years, Standing in front of me was my ex husband Donovan Desmond, I  reached for my pistol but it was snatched right off the table, we have something's to discuss my dear he said with a sneer, and then he punched me hard in the face.

I fell out of my chair and the last thing I remembered before I blacked out was to hear him start laughing manically.