Chapter Sixty Three Seeing our little peanut for the first time

July 21st

(Yor Forger) So today I'm going to be accompanying Anya to her second ultrasound appointment Damian was supposed to go with Anya today but he got called into an emergency meeting and so he asked me if I could go in his place, I happily agreed to go with Anya to her appointment, I know that my son in law tries his best to go to appointments like this but sometimes he can't get out of these meetings.

I know that Anya is a little sad that Damian couldn't be able to come with us but we all know since Damian is the founder and president of the Desmond/Forger legal group he's constantly busy with clients and the board members so he isn't always available, I asked Anya who is sitting in the back seat Are you ready to see your little peanut for the first time hon? Anya responded I'm very excited yet also a little bit nervous mom! I know that you're nervous hon but remember that your dad and I will be there if you need help.

I know mom and I really appreciate it I still can't believe in eight months our little one will be here in the world with all of us! I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and I then parked the car, I poked my head into the backseat and I said with a smile Ready? I'm ready mom Anya replied back! Great let's head on inside.

We walked inside the hospital together and we went to check in at the front desk and I said with a smile Hi Anya Forger here to see Dr. Vasilias! Ah Mrs. Forget it's so very nice to see you again, Anya then stepped forward and she asked do I need to sign anything? Let me take a quick look Mrs. Forger the receptionist replied.

Ah it seems that we need to update your medical records but don't worry you and your parents can work with us on updating the records at a later date, Anya breathed a sigh of relief that it didn't have to be done today, Please take a seat in the waiting room and Dr. Vasilias will be with you both shortly.

Anya and I walked to the waiting room and we both took a seat in two separate chairs once seated I gently squeezed Anya's hand and I asked are you ready to see your little peanut for the first time Anya? Anya nodded her head and it wasn't too long until Dr. Vasilias came and got us, we both were the led to an empty examination room.

Once inside Anya followed Dr. Vasilias's commands and she raised her shirt before she laid down on the table, Amanda then left the room for a few minutes and when she came back she spread gel onto Anya's stomach before she turned on the ultrasound machine on, A few short minutes later the display screen showed a little life form growing inside Anya's stomach.

I clasped my hands to my mouth as tears began to cascade down my face I looked over at Anya and she was on the verge of happy tears, Anya this is your baby, Amanda then looked at me and she said with a soft smile Yor this is your grandchild, They are absolutely adorable I can't wait to properly meet them in eight months from now!

For Anya and I this is one of the happiest days of our lives, I'm so excited I can't wait to tell Loid all about it when we get home.