Chapter Sixty One The New Plan

July 16th

(Sylvia Sherwood) Well figure out how and why we keep losing good agents Richard I said into my desk phone before I slammed it down on the receiver, ugh I'm getting to old for this type of stress, I will never understand the complexities of governing a country even though I kind of run Wise like a country sometimes, I feel bad that I yelled at my deputy for not figuring out why the bodies of the agents have been piling up in the past few weeks.

Nightfall walked into my office and she sat down in front of my desk and she asked with a motherly like concern in her voice Are you okay Handler? I looked into the eyes of my adopted daughter and I said No I'm not doing well Nightfall everyday our target remains loose the higher the risk the merger may fail, Why don't you take a vacation for a week because you are running yourself into the ground!

I honestly wish I could do that Fiona I really do but I can't because no one can fill in for me, Director Hans retired last month and Deputy Director Heinrich is on a sabbatical and he won't be back for another month, Fiona then said you make a good point there Handler at least when you get off work every day go home and just relax, I can make no promises but I can try to do that.

Nightfall why don't you come over for dinner tonight mom? Melia has missed seeing her nana Sherwood! I couldn't help but to smile and I said I will be over after work dear, I shave to head to a meeting with the mayor before I can come over for dinner tonight sweetie!

Fiona said we will be eating dinner around six thirty and we are going to be eating hamburgers and hotdogs mom and then my adopted daughter walked out of my office, I then gathered my papers together before I made my way to city hall to meet with the mayor, it's going to be a very very long meeting until dinner time.

Wish me luck.