Chapter Forty Nine Meanwhile in Ostania

June 27th

(Sylvia Sherwood) This doesn't make any sense, there still is chaos here in Berlint and it hasn't gotten better in fact it's gotten worse since Donovan Desmond was killed, My eyes widened in fear unless it was actually him who died a week ago but that would mean that he's still alive and out there planning something terrible for the world, I need to get in contact with Fiona ASAP because if my hunch is correct than we are all in terrible peril.

I started to review the latest reports of the recent attacks and incidents during the past week, Just yesterday I was walking to work when I was nearly killed by a sniper from a nearby rooftop near the embassy thankfully the shooter missed me but now I'm edge, Oh Twilight I wish you were here to help us out one last time with this big mess but I'm a woman of my word.

I promised that I wouldn't get you involved after your mission was completed and I promised to not reveal anything of you and your family's whereabouts, Boss are you alright? my secretary Nathan asked me yeah I'm alright just very tense right now but I should be fine, Even though Westalis and Ostania have started peace talks to formally become one country for the first time in seventy years there's much opposition from NUP.

Hopefully once both parties can get the realignment treaty finalized then the tension can subside but I highly doubt that, There will always be opposition to any form of realignment and reconciliation between both sides, I'm starting to get older and I want to be able to retire within the next five to ten years hopefully by then a permanent solution to both countries can be made to finally end this Cold War.

I picked up my desk phone and I called Nightfall and once she answered her home phone I said Fiona please meet me at the normal meeting place tomorrow afternoon at two thirty because we have much to discuss, once Fiona and I were able to hash things out for tomorrow I hung up the phone, I then laid my head into my hands.

I then continued to work until it was time to go home around five and I then walked the short distance home to my flat near where Twilight and his family used to live, once inside my apartment my year old grand-dog Henry padded over to the doorway before he jumped up and licked my face, After a few kisses I said alright down Henry, Henry's mom Lucy walked over and she dragged her son away so I could properly get inside the apartment.

My original dog Aaron passed away from intestinal cancer about two months ago and I have trying my best to keep Lucy and Henry distracted so they won't realize that Aaron is no longer with us, it truly breaks my heart that Aaron is no longer with us, I then headed to my bedroom where I took off my work attire and I got dressed into some pajamas and then I headed back out to the kitchen to make dinner for myself as well as put food into Lucy and Henry's food bowls. Grandmother-hood is great.