Chapter Twenty One Laying the groundwork for the surprise

May 29th

(Loid Forger) Today I'm going to meet with Melinda Desmond at her attorneys office to finalize the Marriage Agreement for our children and through the said agreement Damian will become a Forger because Melinda has been quite insistent that he take the Forger last name, Melinda despite all her flaws she really wants what is best for her sons.

Upon arriving at the attorneys office I was directed up to the second floor to meet Melinda, though before entering her office her bodyguard pat me down to make sure that I didn't have anything that would cause her Mistress any form of injury, once she was satisfied with her thorough search she said you may head inside Mr. Forger I then walked into the office to meet with Melinda.

Greetings Ms. Desmond! I said as I tipped my hat forward and I removed the hat and I put it on the coat rack, I then approached the desk and I sat down in a chair and I was then facing the matriarch of the Desmond Family, Greetings Mr. Forger let's finalize the Marriage Agreement Contract shall we! Yes we shall I then pulled out a pen and we both then finished hashing out some last minute details before we got finished with the contract, all we needed to have get done is for Anya and Damian to sign the marriage document.

(Across town with Yor) God that was a hard mission to get finished, I wiped the blood off my face and I then walked into the bathroom of  the mob hideout I then looked in the mirror to see how much I would need to clean up before I could go and pick up Anya from the bus stop, My black dress was covered in blood stains, I had a gash with blood flowing down from my forehead, I had a three inch deep wound running down the right side of my face and I'm probably going to need to have some stitches done.

I hope that once the Westalis and Ostania crisis comes to a close I can finally retire from my career as an assassin because I want to be able to retire from this dangerous line of work and spend time with my family more often after I get off of work at city hall, I also want to be able to get to meet my future grandchildren, this is my last contract until I am finished with my maternity leave,  I then cleaned myself up as best as I could and I had changed into clean clothes I took off running to the bus stop.

Upon reaching the bus stop I waited patiently for Anya's bus to arrive at the bus stop and Anya had gotten off the bus I hustled her into the apartment.

(Loid Forger) Tomorrow night you and Damian will come over to our apartment for dinner and we can eat together and then we can hear what the kids have to say about the marriage, And then Yor and I plus you can answer any questions or concerns that they may have about the marriage or wedding, and then Anya and Damian can sign the contract.

Sounds good Mr. Forger I then shook her hand and then I grabbed my hat off the coat rack and then I headed home.