A Mechanical Past

Tanjiro and Muichiro felt very confused. Yoriichi and Michikatsu Tsugikuni who appeared in many of their visions and dreams, the voice they hear is standing before them. They wished to get closer to the two men, but their attention turned back to the young swordsmith, Zohakuten, and Yuki.

??: Just get away from it! I'm not giving you the key no matter what! I don't care if you both are Hashira! I won't let you use this! It's all I have!

Yuki: This is not up for debate.

Tanjiro, Muichiro, Nezuko, and Yuichiro watched as they continue to argue and wondered if they should intervene. Feeling annoyed at the child's persistence, Zohakuten chops the latter's neck knocking him out, allowing him to grab him by his clothes.

Tanjiro: Hey! What do you think you're doing!?

He yells as he and Muichiro confronts Zohkuten, grabbing his wrist.

Muichiro: Release him now!

Zohakuten: More noisy animals. Just who the hell are you two?

He says with full anger.

Tanjiro: Did you no hear us!? Let that child go now!

He begins to tighten his grip on the wrist. But Zohakuten refused to loosen his grip on him.

Tanjiro: (He's not budging! What kind of willpower is this!?)

Zohakuten: If anyone should let go, it's you.

He then elbows Tanjiro making him release his grip, prompting Muichiro, Nezuko, and Yuichiro to help him.

Zohakuten: You're already on the ground. 

Yuki then turns her attention to Muichiro.

Yuki: You're Yuichiro's brother? Am I right?

Muichiro: Yeah. So what?

Yuki: It surprises me that weaklings like you got into the Demon Slayer Corps. Only the strong can live in this life.

She attempts to grab Muichiro, but her hand was swatted away.

Muichiro: Don't underestimate me!

Zohakuten then felt less weight in his right hand. The boy was gone and saw that Tanjiro took him from his hold.

Zohakuten: (He grabbed the boy.)

Tanjiro: Are you okay?

??: Get away from me!

The young swordsmith demanded.

Nezuko: But what about yourself? We want yo help you!

??: I don't care! I can't give the key to anyone! I won't! Even if I'm put through torture! I won't let you break the only thing my ancestors left behind!

Yuki: Have you been through torture training? Even most grown-ups aren't able to endure through it. You would never last. And for your age you're exceedingly stupid. So what if it breaks? Make another one. I'm curious, how many people do you think will perish in the time you've wasted rambling about of nonsense? That's what it means to keep a Hashira away from duty. Whether you like it or not a Hashira's time is worth far more than yours. If you don't understand I'll spell it out. Swordsmiths aren't able to fight. You aren't able to save lives. Making weapons is all you're good for. Now then, the key. You should know your place in life and act accordingly. You're not a baby anymore.

The boy was about to cry, but Tanjiro slapped her hand away.

Zohakuten: Why are you still persistent!?