Hashira Training: Part 2

Nezuko limped through the hallway after one full day of training with Sanemi, covered in marks and vomits.

Nezuko: (How is Inosuke so calm with this training? This just kept getting more and more difficult. With every Hashira. Shinazugawa just slashes at you nonstop. He's at the same level as an Upper Rank. Unless you vomit or faint from exhaustion, you don't receive any rest. And even Iguro and Ondohenka were kind enough to give breaks. But out of all the corps members, he was five more fierce at me. Letting down my guard for even a second could spell a world of pain. It's been one full day, and I still feel like crap. How do I process if I can't think fast enough?)

??: Brother, wait a second!

Nezuko: (Is that Genya?!)

She looks around the corner seeing Genya trying to talk to Sanemi.

Genya: Please, can I talk to you?

Sanemi: You just don't seem to get the message. I don't have a brother. Now move on, or you'll be torn to shreds.

He threatened.

Sanemi: Stop talking to me like we're close. From what I've seen, you don't have a single piece of talent. Without that, you have no right to be a swordsman. So, just do us all a favor and leave the demon slayer corps.

Genya: But... but I created Storm Breathing! It was very useful against demons!

Sanemi: Oh, please. All you did was make a cheap imitation of Wind Breathing adding Thunder.

Nezuko just watches as Sanemi speaks poorly to Genya.

Genya: Please. I just wanted to apologize about before. I'm very sorry, brother.

Sanemi: Piss off. Why don't you go apologize to someone who gives a shit.

Nezuko: (How inconsiderate can you be?!)

Genya: I... I... I fought against the demon that turned our mother!

Sanemi stopped, hearing Genya's words.

Genya: It was in the Entertainment District. He was an Upper Rank, named Karito. He taunted about turning her into a demon, because she was an easy target. I was beyond angry. At that Upper Rank, and at myself. But I knew... that I couldn't behead him the way I was back then. So... out of desperation to win I ate his flesh. I ate demon flesh to win.

Sanemi's blood began to boil as veins appeared on his face.

Sanemi: Did you... really... just say to me... that you are demon?!

In a split-second, Sanemi vanished.

Genya: Where'd he...

Nezuko: Genya move!

Before Genya's eyes could be gauged by Sanemi, Nezuko tackles Genya out of the way bursting through the wall, scaring the demon slayers, but surprising Inosuke, Ume, Yuichiro, and Muichiro.

Muichiro: Nezuko?!

Ume: What the hell is going on?!

Nezuko: Hide! Pretend you're dead and he won't see you!

Inosuke: What?

He asked confused, while putting his finger on his chin.

Nezuko: Are you crazy?!

She yells at Sanemi.

Nezuko: Are you seriously trying to kill Genya?!

Sanemi: Of course not. Killing an easy weakling would be against our code of conduct. So instead, I'll keep beating him until he can't regenerate. When he does, he can resign from the demon slayer corps. That is how I'll forgive him!