Masks

Th demon slayers stared at Inosuke in confusion when the strongest Upper Rank Dokeshi was somewhat familiar with him. Even Ketsu didn't know what to say to this.

Ace: Inosuke you know this demon?

Inosuke: I don't know this guy. I never met him.

Dokeshi: Oh no, we have crossed paths. I never forget a face.

Inosuke: I don't know what you're talking about. I never met you before. The only people I've ever met in my life are my family and the people who are standing right here beside me. So you must be confusing me with someone else.

Tanjiro: (This is very much giving me so many questions. Out of all the demon slayers in this area, I'm the only one Dokeshi encountered. But I guess there are personal ties. Me and Muichiro with Akira, Zenitsu and Zenko with Ketsu, and now Inosuke and Ume with Dokeshi. But what happened?)

Genya: Don't let this get under your skin Hashibira.

Raito: He's right stay calm.

Dokeshi: Oh! Hashibira! Now that's a familiar name. And surprising too. I see now my hope for staying alive is being serious.

Ketsu: What are you going on about Dokeshi?

Dokeshi: Well Lord Ketsu, I happen to have a good memory. So, I remember the last time when I felt truly human.

At that moment, he puts one of his daggers between his teeth and jams his finger into his brain.

Ume: Ewwww! Disgusting! What are you doing!?

Ketsu: (Aside from Flesh manipulation, we also can manipulate through the memories. We're able to go through them like a means to our past.)

Dokeshi: Hmmm. Where is it? Ahh! There it is! Your hair and eyes are indeed familiar. Last I saw such beauty was Fifteen years ago. Very recent too.

He starts to monologue about what happened back then.

Dokeshi: Once upon a time, there was once a woman around 17 or 18 years with nothing but her clothes. She was physically bused by her husband and mother-in-law every single day. I was about to sabe her but that Hashira beat me to it. He had long platinum blonde hair and rainbow colored eyes like yours. He felt envy towards the poor women, he invited her to his Paradise Cult. She was all alone with no parents or siblings to provide her help, it was clear that she had nowhere else that was safe for her. When I first laid eyes on her, her face was swollen to the point where I couldn't recognize what she looked like originally. She was in hell. And with all the beating she took, she became partially blind. But after that guy took her in, he healed her. And when I saw her face, I only saw pure beauty.

Ume: Hey! Don't praise my mother you creep!

Dokeshi: You're mother? Don't be ridiculous. You are not even blood related. So it shouldn't matter to you if I praise her.

Ume: Shut your damn mouth, ass-face!!

She then rushed in a Dokeshi getting annoyed.

Ume: And give back my brother's hat now!!

Flower Breathing, 5th Form:

Dokeshi: Shhh. Don't interrupt the story. Surly you must understand, this is an encounter of fate.

Then in an instant, Ume was slashed at with an X across her uniform. Kanao and Inosuke rushes in to help Ume only for them to be knocked into a destroyed building.

Kanao: Are you okay, Ume?

Inosuke: Just stay calm sister.

Dokeshi: Anyways, back to your mom. I really wished I found her instead of that Hashira. I would love to have someone special around you for your whole life. It was a shame she wasn't smart. As she would prefer to stay at home when your father was on missions.