mattheo riddle: having a crush on you in their pov

i'm here at the library. alone. i'm such a loser, sitting here all alone, all because i know she usually comes here too. why am i even doing this? why am i putting myself through such torment for her? is it all worth it just to catch a glimpse of her? who am i kidding, of course it's worth it. just being in the same room as her is worth it.

damn it, why does she have to have such a hold over me?

finally. the door opens, and she walks in, looking as beautiful as ever. gorgeous. perfect. jaw dropping. i'm drooling.

i swallow hard and stand up to walk toward her, but instead, i stay completely still and just stare. why am i such a weirdo?

she notices me and starts walking toward me. shit, she noticed me? she's walking toward me. she's walking toward me. why do i want to run away?

"hey," she says, giving me a small smile.

my gods. her voice is music to my ears.

"h-hey.." i stutter.

holy shit. did i really just fucking stutter? great, i'm making a fool out of myself. she's going to think i'm a complete loser.

she sits down across from me, and i just hope my face isn't as red as i think it is.

"studying?" she asks, opening her books. damn those books. can't she focus on me instead?

i nod.

well, i wasn't, i'm too distracted by her to focus on anything else.

she hums a little as she starts reading, and it's driving me crazy. the sound of her voice, the way her lips move as she mouths the words.

gods, i can't concentrate on anything.