tom riddle: being in a secret arrangement with them

it's well past curfew, but he skips his prefect rounds to spend time with you. his heavy footsteps echo through the empty halls, a clear sign of his disregard for the rules tonight.

the ever-dutiful prefect seems to have misplaced his sense of responsibility, or maybe he's in pursuit of something far more tempting. you aren't technically together, but he has a possessive streak and has made sure you're off-limits to anyone else.

as he approaches an unassuming corner, his gaze darkens when he spots you. a sly smile plays on his lips. "i see you've decided to break the rules tonight," he drawls, his voice low and teasing.

his dark eyes gleam with a possessive edge as he moves closer, trapping you in the nook between the wall and him. he places a hand on the wall beside your head, his tall frame caging you in.

your heart pounds loudly in your chest, a mixture of anticipation and nervousness. you knew you were risking getting caught, but the thrill excited you more than it should.

"rules were made to be broken," you tease back, trying to keep your voice steady. his dark eyes gleam with a possessive edge as he moves closer.

"well, some things are worth upholding," he murmurs, his gaze drifting down to your lips. "you, for instance. your rule-breaking privileges are reserved for me." he leans in close, his warm breath brushing against your neck.

a shiver runs down your spine as he speaks, the possessive tone in his voice igniting something deep within. "and who decided that?" you shoot back, trying to maintain your composure, even as your pulse quickens.

he chuckles, his hand tracing a slow path down the side of your arm. "i did," he responds simply, his eyes meeting yours with a hint of challenge. "but anyway, have you found anything?"

you know he isn't referring to any academic work. he's always searching for secrets, any dirt he can exploit. "i might have a few scraps," you admit, keeping your tone nonchalant. "but what's in it for me? information isn't free."

he chuckles again, his fingers now idly tracing circles on your wrist. "is my company not incentive enough?"

your resolve weakens. being this close to him, feeling his warmth and his touch, is dangerous. you have to resist. "please," you roll your eyes, "your presence is more of a detriment than an incentive."

he smirks at your retort, clearly not offended. "quite the contrary, love. i'm a delight." the nickname sends another flutter through your chest, reminding you just how powerless you are against him.

"maybe you can prove that," you challenge, not wanting to seem too affected.

his smirk widens into a sly grin. "always up for a challenge. but first," he moves even closer, his lips hovering just above your ear, "give me that little bit of information you've been holding back. then, i'll consider indulging you a bit."

you swallow, trying to remain collected, but feeling his breath on your skin and the commanding presence of his body so close to yours makes it nearly impossible.

still, the thought of getting something in return keeps you going, and you lean in to whisper a few choice tidbits in his ear, things you know he'll find useful.

he lets out a satisfied hum. "good girl," he murmurs, his hand moving to your waist, his fingers gripping just a little tighter. "i knew you'd be useful." he murmurs, his hand moving from your wrist to your waist, pulling you closer against the wall. "and what else?"

your heart skips a beat again. why does the praise from him always affect you so? he knows what buttons to press, how to get under your skin in all the right ways. just two simple words, and your insides do a flip. you curse silently, hating how he can affect you so easily, but you can't deny the way your skin tingles under his touch.