lorenzo berkshire: catching them talking to your pet

"who's a good baby? yeah, you are, you're so cute," he baby-talks as he kneels next to your pet, giving them scratches.

"damn it, don't look at me like that. i can't give you a treat right now," he mumbles, petting the top of your pet's head.

"you're lucky your mommy takes care of you. i don't know how she deals with you all the time," he says, sounding annoyed but gently holding your pet.

he lets out a soft sigh, gently stroking your pet. after a pause, he speaks up again, his tone softer this time. "she is really sweet though, isn't she?" he says, looking down at your pet with a small smile.

he looks up and notices you, his smile immediately widening. "you're back?" he asks, adjusting his hold on your pet.

you nod, walking toward him with a small smile. "how are you two doing?" you say, crouching down. "how are my two loves doing?" you chuckle.

"we're doing just fine. but i'm pretty sure your pet likes me more than you." he teases, holding your pet gently.

"lies." you chuckle.

"it's not," he says, feigning offense, and looks down at your pet. "isn't that right?" he asks, gently rubbing your pet's head, getting your pet to make a noise.

"you love my pet more than me now?" you joke.

"yep, i do," he says, jokingly, and looks up at you with a smirk. "your pet is much better company than you are." he teases, and your pet makes a noise as if agreeing.

"wow, okay, i better just leave again then." you say jokingly.

he rolls his eyes at your response, a small chuckle slipping past his lips. "oh come on, don't be dramatic," he says, as he gently places your pet down on the floor. "you're just as entertaining to have around." he then looks down at your pet. "right, you don't want her to leave either, right?"

"i'm leaving," you say dramatically and look down at your pet. "baby, your parents are splitting up. you're gonna be a child of divorce." you say to your pet.

he scoffs and rolls his eyes again. "stop being so dramatic. you're not going to leave," he says, giving you a light shove. "you're so damn extra," he adds, then looks down at your pet again. "and stop telling lies to our child. we're not breaking up." he says jokingly.

"your father is neglecting me." you say to your pet.

he rolls his eyes at your comment and scoffs. "neglecting you? you're the one who left and left me here to take care of our kid. i'd say you've been neglecting us," he says jokingly, looking down at your pet again. "right, buddy?" he asks, and your pet lets out a small noise.

he smirks at you and lets out a soft chuckle. "come here." he says, his voice soft as he gestures for you to come closer.

he waits for you to get closer before wrapping his arms around your waist, pulling you into his lap. "now, are you going to stop acting so dramatic?" he says in a playful tone, a smirk still on his face.

he lets out a soft breath as you move closer to him, his arms wrapping around your waist, pulling you into his lap.

he pulls you closer until you're sitting on his lap, his arms still wrapped around your waist. "much better." he says, a smirk on his face, his eyes looking into yours.