mattheo riddle: finding out they're just pretending to like you

he was supposed to meet you in your dorm two hours ago to make up for the time when he accidentally stood you up on a supposed date. you've been dating him for three months, yet he's never let you or asked you to come to his dorm for some unknown reason, always telling you that it was 'messy.'

you were about to send him a text message asking him where he was, but instead of doing that, you decide to go to his dorm and maybe surprise him. if his room was actually messy, you'd offer to help him clean up.

you get to his dorm, and surprisingly, the door was unlocked, so you let yourself in. after all, you were his girlfriend. it shouldn't be a problem, right?

as you enter, instead of seeing mattheo, you see theodore and draco sitting on a couch, both on their phones. they both look up at you, confused.

"y/n? what are you doing here?" draco asks, raising an eyebrow.

"i could ask you two the same thing.." you say, also confused yourself.

both draco and theodore chuckle in confusion, looking at you as if you lacked common sense, as if you didn't know something that was already obvious. "we're waiting for mattheo? duh?" theodore says and scoffs.

"for... what?" you ask, feeling confused. why would they be waiting for mattheo when he was supposed to come to you?

draco rolls his eyes. "we're going to a party," theodore says. "shouldn't you know that? you're his girlfriend," draco adds.

"no...? he was supposed to meet me in my dorm two hours ago," you say, noticing the change in their expressions.

"yikes..." theodore shakes his head and clicks his tongue.

"what? do you guys know where he is?" you ask, beginning to get worried.

"uh... yeah- no-" theodore starts to say something but then changes his mind, which makes draco raise an eyebrow at him. "he went to drop off something at daphne's dorm, he should be back any second now." draco says bluntly and theodore shoots him a glare.

your heart sinks at the mention of daphne's name, remembering mattheo telling you that she was his ex. "daphne? his ex?" you say.

"yeah, daphne, his ex, who else?" draco says with attitude. "i offered to drop it off, but he just wanted to see her so bad-" draco quickly gets cut off by theodore. "draco, shut the fuck up," theodore says.

"what? it's true, he's not over her, he's always trying to win her back." draco defends himself. theodore sighs in frustration as he looks at you, seeing your reaction.

you start to feel your heart breaking as you begin to realize that mattheo may not actually like you and is just using you as a rebound or a distraction. "he's not over her...?" you repeat draco's words, feeling your heart sink further and further.

"y/n, don't listen to draco." theodore says as he glares at draco.

you hear the door creak, and you turn around to see mattheo entering. "guys-" he pauses as he sees you standing there. "y/n? babe, what are you doing here?" he says as he approaches you to give you a hug, but you avoid him and walk past him, leaving without saying a word.

he seems shocked when you dodge his hug and leave, but his shock is immediately replaced by anger as he looks at theodore and draco, immediately thinking they're to blame. "the fuck did you guys tell her?" he says, clenching his fists, ready to throw a punch at either of them.

theodore raises his hands defensively, "whoa, calm down, man," he says, trying to diffuse the tension.

draco scoffs, rolling his eyes. "don't blame us for your own shit, mattheo," he retorts, crossing his arms over his chest.