1.28 (End)

"Wei Chong and his men found a water pipe and poured water into the hole from a high place, but they chose the wrong location, behind the rock on Xia Yan's side, about a meter away."

  "So even though we know there is water, we can't drink it?"

  96: "Yes."

  "Water?" Xiao Bai said this in his heart, his pupils drooping little by little. He looked at the ugly centipede-shaped scar on his palm. Blood, in essence, is also water, and it is very nutritious water.

  "Xiaobai?" 96 was surprised by something in Xiaobai's heart.

  "They won't agree to that."

  Xiao Bai's lips curled up quickly, and he regained his composure in an instant: "Wait a day or two, and they won't have the energy to refuse."

  Xia Yan listened to the dripping sound behind the stone wall, and his face suddenly lit up with joy. If he guessed correctly, the sound was most likely the sound of water.

  "...Come here and listen, there seems to be water behind it." Xia Yan's eyes were full of excitement and joy.

  Xiao Bai turned around and looked at Wei Chong. The latter was obviously not as surprised as Xia Yan.

  Xiao Bai and Wei Chong got up and went to Xia Yan, so Tan Yao had to let go of Xiao Bai's hand.

  The dripping sound was indeed the sound of water, but then the question arose: how could they drink it?

  As soon as Wei Chong asked the question, Xia Yan was stunned, and then the joy on his face disappeared at a visible speed.

  Not to mention that they couldn't move the stone, even if they did, what if it caused another landslide? Their luck couldn't be so good every time.

  "You don't have to blame yourself. It's not your fault." When Xiao Bai turned to leave, he noticed that Xia Yan's expression suddenly fell. He probably thought that it was a happy thing for everyone to be able to drink water, but it was cruelly proved that the voice was like a flower in the mirror, which could be seen but never touched. So Xiao Bai patted Xia Yan's shoulder lightly.

  Xia Yan turned his head and stared into Xiao Bai's eyes. The light in his eyes was bright and captivating, and there was endless calmness and tranquility, which instantly soothed Xia Yan's depressed mood.

  "Everyone will be fine, believe me." Xiao Bai slowly swept his eyes over the three people around him.

  Another day passed, and with no access to a single drop of water, the people underground sat against the stone wall, barely able to speak.

  On this day, the time should be afternoon.

  Xiao Bai vaguely smelled a hint of blood, which was gradually approaching him. He suddenly opened his eyes and saw a hand in front of him covered in blood.

  Besides looking shocked, he was also very surprised.

  It was also at this moment that the obsession of the original owner completely disappeared. In other words, Xiaobai's mission of abusing the scum was completed, and his soul could leave this body and rush to the next world with System 96.

  As long as he wants, his soul can leave the body now and immediately.

  96: "Xiaobai, you're not leaving?"

  "No, I won't leave until they are all rescued."

  96: "I don't think that's realistic."

  "Why is it unrealistic? Won't the excavation work be completed in three days?"