6.5

The patient who took off his mask had cold fangs, and his sharp teeth actually emitted a cold light.

  His pupils were now completely blood red, and their pupils were erected like animal pupils. Looking at Xiao Bai, who was within his reach but could not be touched at all because his arms were tied, he let out a shrill roar like a wild beast.

  The body twisted wildly and the limbs struggled violently, causing the chains to make chaotic noises.

  The patient's transformation into a beast was unsuccessful, so he was considered a failure. His consciousness was invaded and corroded, and he had lost his human sanity.

  Xiao Bai had originally thought that he could get something out of this person, but judging from the situation, he couldn't get anything out of him.

  Xiao Bai turned around and was about to leave when he found that the half-orc Li Yin's expression was as abnormal as before. He narrowed his pupils slightly. Li Yin had been staring at the patient on the bed with a strange look on his face.

  "Li Yin?" Xiao Bai called out softly.

  The orc's pupils trembled, as if he had just woken up from his own thoughts. He looked at Xiaobai who was facing him sideways.

  "...Not asking him anymore?" Li Yin was silent for a few seconds, then said.

  Xiaobai turned around, glanced at the patient who had failed to transform into a beast without much emotion, and shook his head: "No, I can no longer communicate with him."

  "Okay." Li Yin suddenly replied.

  Xiao Bai was about to ask where he could go, but then he realized that Li Yin was different from him as a human. He was a half-orc. With a beastman like him, even if he failed, they might be able to understand each other's words.

  Xiao Bai stopped and moved his gaze from the patient back to Li Yin.

  Li Yin took half a step forward, which was within the patient's attack range. However, the patient's limbs were locked with chains, so Li Yin didn't care too much. He just wanted to do something in front of Xiao Bai to show that he was valuable.

  Li Yin then asked the patient questions in human language, and the other party responded with bursts of roars. Li Yin's tough brows gradually tended to frown.

  After a while, Li Yin seemed to have finished questioning. He bent down and picked up the mask on the edge of the bed. This was taken down by Xiao Bai, so he was going to put it on the patient.

  Not much useful information was obtained. This person and the person who provided the beast transformation potion were in contact via mobile phone. It would take further investigation to find out who it was. However, Li Yin guessed that the mobile phone number was probably no longer in use, and the goods were received via express delivery, so there was no need to check the surveillance.

  Li Yin held the neck of the patient who had failed to transform into a beast with one arm to stop his frantic struggle, then reached forward with his other hand and put the mask back on the patient's mouth.

  The roar was then stifled, leaving only some rapid gasps escaping from the throat.

  Veins on the patient's forehead were bulging and the air in the ward suddenly became cold. Xiao Bai was just noticing something was wrong and was about to remind Li Yin when suddenly there was a series of explosions.

  The iron chain that was originally tied to the bedpost was directly broken by the patient's great struggle. The person lying on the bed, or perhaps he could be called an orc, jumped up at an extremely fast speed. The nails on his hands protruded in an instant, and the sharp nails stabbed towards Li Yin's chest.