5.12

When the guards left the Third Prince's Mansion, the people from the palace had not arrived yet, so he didn't know anything about what happened afterwards. The entire Third Prince's Mansion was under strict surveillance, and no one knew what had happened.

  The guards visited Xu Ling'an and then had to go to Xie Hongyuan's general's mansion, so they didn't stay for too long.

  Xu Ling'an originally had a piece of clothing draped over his shoulders. The moment he saw the guard, he thought it was something related to the Third Prince, but he didn't expect it was Xiao Bai. He was so excited that he stood up directly, but because he moved too hastily, he pulled his scratched arm, and his face suddenly turned two points pale.

  "Did you just say Fu Yue?" Xu Ling'an tried his best to control his emotions, but his fingers were tightly clasped on the edge of the table.

  The guard nodded and said, "Yes, Master Fu was worried about the Marquis' health, so he told the Third Prince not to do so and asked me to come here."

  Because the guard had come before, and at that time the guard gave a false reason, the reason why he would secretly help Xiao Bai. Xu Ling'an did not doubt it, he would not know that the guard was willing to take risks for Xiao Bai again and again because he liked him.

  "There's nothing wrong with my health, so you can rest assured, Fu Yue." Xu Ling'an still had some words in his mind, but he was afraid that it would just give Xiao Bai hopeless hope, so he swallowed them in his throat and didn't say them out loud.

  "Don't worry, Your Majesty. I will convey Your words to Master Fu." The guard then took his leave and left the Marquis' Mansion, saying that he had to be on duty at night.

  As soon as they left the mansion, the guards jumped on their horses and galloped towards Xie Hongyuan's mansion.

  Xie Hongyuan had just returned from outside and had not even sat down on the stool when a servant came in to report that a stranger had come to the door and handed him a letter from Xiaobai, asking Xie Hongyuan to open it personally. Xie Hongyuan was puzzled, but since it was from Xiaobai and no matter where the letter came from, he waved his hand for the servant to take it. He took the letter, quickly opened it, and scanned it from beginning to end. Xie Hongyuan was silent for a moment. He had never seen Xiaobai's handwriting, so he could not tell the authenticity of the letter. Then, the servant next to him took out another thing, which was a pure white jade pendant. As soon as he saw the word "Moon" carved on the jade pendant, Xie Hongyuan knew that the letter was written by Xiaobai.

  He immediately got up, changed his clothes, and walked quickly out of the house, while asking someone to go to the inner courtyard to tell the old woman that he had something urgent to deal with and would not be able to eat dinner with her.

  Summoning six personal soldiers, Xie Hongyuan rushed out of the city in the dark sky.

  The two things Xiaobai asked had been done, and the guard immediately rushed back to the palace. However, before he arrived at the palace, he felt something unusual in the air. At the corner of a street away from the palace, he pulled the reins in time, stood up and jumped off the horse, hiding his body in the darkness, and silently stuck his head out to look in the direction of the palace gate. Just at this glance, the guard's face changed drastically. Outside the iron gate, which should have been empty, there was a group of palace guards surrounding it. They were all fully armed and it was obvious that the palace was under surveillance.

  The guard stepped back, and he rubbed the horse's neck twice, signaling it to be quiet. He lowered his eyes, frowned, and thought about what to do next. The palace was forbidden to enter and leave, and something must have happened to the third prince. The third prince was of prominent status, and the only one who could treat him like this was the highest-ranking person in the palace.