2.9

Before he opened his eyes, his neck twisted slightly, and he felt a sharp pain where the needle had pricked him. The pain spread over a wide area. Xiao Bai took a while to calm down before slowly opening his eyes.

  Unexpectedly, when he opened his eyes, bright light pierced his vision. There was a bright light on in the room, and the people who kidnapped him did not blindfold him.

  With his arms just tied up and sitting on the sofa, Xiao Bai did not panic immediately. Instead, he observed the surroundings first. The room was clean and tidy, the bedding was neatly folded, the floor was covered with carpets with complex patterns, and the house was exquisitely decorated. However, if you look closely, it seems that this place is not a residence, but more like a hotel or something like that.

  With his body swaying slightly, Xiaobai stood up, walked to the glass window with tightly drawn curtains, turned sideways, and used his hands behind his back to pull open the curtains and open the window.

  The scene of half of Qidu came into view in an instant, and the wind from the high altitude blew into the window. Xiaobai's coat had been taken off when he was unconscious, and now he was only wearing a thin gray cotton shirt.

  The wind caused goose bumps to appear on Xiaobai's exposed skin. He stuck half of his head out of the window. Dozens of floors below, the pedestrians were as small as ants, and he could only vaguely hear the sound of car horns.

  After closing the window, Xiaobai went back to the room, this time walking towards the door, grasping the door handle and turning it, but the door did not move as expected.

  Everything in my pocket is gone, including my phone, door keys, etc.

  The pain in his neck was hard to ignore. Xiaobai looked at the coffee table, where there was a glass. He went over, picked up the glass, and smashed it against the wall with a bang, but it seemed that the force was not enough. The glass did not break, but rolled onto the carpet with a dull sound.

  Squatting down to pick up the glass, Xiaobai held the cup and threw it directly onto the glass coffee table.

  With a crisp sound, the glass shattered.

  Picking up a piece of glass that suits his needs, Xiaobai walked to the window, and used the glass to cut the rope on his wrist through the vague shadow inside.

  No one showed up during this process.

  After cutting for a long time, the fingertips were cut by the glass and bled, and the red marks on the wrist became more and more obvious, but the rope was finally cut.

  There was a cardboard box on the coffee table. Xiaobai took out a few pieces of paper and pressed the bleeding cuts on his fingertips. He looked around the room and didn't find any cameras or anything like that, so he wasn't worried that anyone would find out that he had cut the rope.

  The person who kidnapped him would definitely show up. Xiao Bai wrapped the sharp pieces of glass with paper to prevent himself from cutting himself again. He went over to open the window, then stood behind the door, ready to launch a sneak attack on whoever came in later.

  With his back pressed tightly against the wall, he waited for perhaps an hour, or two hours. There was no timer in the room. Xiaobai's legs felt numb. Suddenly, he heard gradual footsteps outside the room, and a few seconds later, he heard the door lock being turned.

  The door slowly opened inwards, but no one came in. The person outside was standing at the door, separated from Xiaobai by a door. When the door opened, the pieces of glass that had fallen on the floor were exposed.