3.3

In just a few minutes, the two corpses lying on the ground were torn and bitten by the evil spirits that surged in with the tide, leaving only a bloody skeleton.

  The skin, flesh, and internal organs were eaten up, and the eyeballs were dug out by the sharp claws.

  Yan Xin was not far away, about ten meters away. There was complete silence all around him, except for the sounds of chewing and gnawing in front of him, which pierced his eardrums.

  He couldn't get any closer, as a group of evil spirits with bloodshot eyes were standing two or three meters away from him. They tried to pounce on him and bite him, but because of the talisman he wore around his neck, the evil spirits couldn't get close to him. However, blood was still flowing from their mouths, and they stared at him with evil and greed.

  There were also people behind him, and for a moment Yan Xin could neither move forward nor retreat.

  He just watched helplessly as two of his friends, who had been chatting and laughing with him not long ago, were eaten by evil spirits, their bodies gradually becoming broken and their bones piled up.

  Yan Xin took out his cell phone. The scene in front of him was indeed too shocking and horrifying, but he was not scared to death. He was going to call Yan Lin and the other two to tell them what happened here. However, as soon as he turned on the screen of his cell phone, he unexpectedly discovered that the full signal, which was originally full at this moment, turned into a cross. There was no signal at all.

  Yan Xin lowered his eyes, and his eyes suddenly turned cold. He dialed the emergency number, but soon after the call was made, there was a busy tone indicating that the call could not be connected.

  He slowly raised his head and looked towards the bodies of Lian Yu and the others. By now the ghosts had almost finished eating the bodies. Some were full, while others were not.

  He walked towards Yan Xin with an empty stomach. Yan Xin tightly grasped the hunting rifle in his hand. The talisman on his neck had been sticking to his skin, but it suddenly felt a little hot.

  He had never encountered such a situation before, being surrounded by dozens of ghosts.

  His heart was beating so fast that it felt like it would jump out of his throat at any time. The person who gave him the talisman had said that this talisman was fundamentally different from other evil-repelling objects, and as long as he wore it, no ghost would be able to touch him.

  He had worn this thing for more than ten years, and just as the man had said, no ghosts threatened him.

  At this moment, Yan Xin was surrounded by so many bloodthirsty ghosts. A drop of cold sweat fell on his forehead, and he began to worry whether this talisman could save him.

  Countless pairs of blood-red, hungry eyes stared at Yan Xin. His breathing slowed down and the rhythm of his chest heaving increased.

  Suddenly, the ghost standing behind turned around and left, and after it there appeared a second and a third.

  Just as the ghosts came quickly, they left just as quickly, disappearing from Yan Xin's sight in the blink of an eye like the receding tide.

  Yan Xin took a deep breath, looked at the two bloody corpses not far away with wide eyes, and walked towards them.

  He had just taken a step when his body staggered violently. He didn't pay attention to his footing and stepped on empty air, almost falling down.

  Steadying his body, he continued to move forward. His feet stepped on the flowing blood and he stared at the bloody bones on the ground. After a minute or two, Yan Xin turned around and headed back. Not only was there no signal here, but he also had no way to notify other people.