5.6

After saying that, Xiaobai immediately lowered his eyes, his long, curled black eyelashes quietly covered his face, and his whole body revealed an appearance of meekness and obedience.

  The blue butterfly was tattooed on Xiaobai's wrist. To be honest, the superficial pain was not that severe. Compared with the meaning represented by this pattern, the pain from the needle prick was insignificant.

  There was no resistance at all, and he looked resigned to his fate. If he asked this man to commit suicide immediately, he would definitely not resist.

  Chu Fengjian's finger bones tightened unconsciously. He stared for a moment and said something inexplicable: "If you don't want to go, you can tell me now. I can have someone send you back."

  As long as Xiaobai asked, Chu Fengxuan felt that he could even give up the plan of giving Xiaobai to Xie Hongyuan.

  Chu Fengxuan knew very well what kind of person Xie Hongyuan was. He had an old grudge with the Second Prince Chu Yan. Chu Yan was a man with very strong principles and would not treat the Second Prince any differently just because they were cousins.

  He got the news that the Second Prince sent someone to send a note to Xie Hongyuan's house, inviting him to a private meeting, but Xie Hongyuan evaded the invitation with various excuses.

  On the contrary, it was Xie Hongyuan who took the initiative to show his intention to get close to him. That man was not the kind of person who would do anything secretly. Whatever the matter was, he would just put it on the table. Whether he was happy or not, it was very obvious. He guarded the western border, resisted powerful enemies, and had great military exploits, but he never took credit for himself. When the war was over, if the superiors asked him to hand over the military power, he would never say a word. This attitude made him not really make enemies with anyone even though he had a bad temper and did not flatter others.

  Even if he didn't try to win over Xie Hongyuan, Xie Hongyuan would probably not have any rebellious intentions when he took the stage at the ceremony in the future, and would continue to guard the border. Xie Hongyuan was loyal to this country of the surname Chu.

  This is not a necessary measure, but Xiaobai is in his house, and he has always believed in making the best use of things. Since the other party exists, he should be able to make use of his effectiveness at any time.

  Moreover, from a certain point of view, Chu Fengxuan didn't want Xiaobai to stay in the palace. Only when the other party left would the throbbing in his heart be temporarily relieved.

  Only by sending people away continuously did he have an excuse to remind himself that the boy was a tool of his, to be used to extract value, but should not really enter his heart, or even worse, influence him.

  Xiao Bai leaned his head against the wall, so he couldn't see the expression on Chu Fengxuan's face at this moment, let alone see that Chu Fengxuan's eyes suddenly tightened for a moment. It was a dangerous look, as if he was going to swallow Xiao Bai up at any time.

  Xiao Bai clutched the hem of his clothes tightly with both hands and said in a calm voice: "I want to go... I want to share His Highness' worries."

  Chu Fengxuan looked at the young man kneeling in front of him. These were his real thoughts, and Chu Fengxuan knew them clearly.

  He gave the other party a chance, but the young man did not seize it. During this period of silence, Chu Fengxuan realized that his thoughts were almost out of control again. Perhaps from the very beginning, he should not have rescued this man from the brothel and let him be ridden by thousands of people. Now, if his value has been used up, it may be difficult for him to take action against him.