5.8

Although Xu Ling'an didn't say anything, the look on his face when he looked at Yin Cheng was enough to show his true thoughts.

  Yin Cheng carefully chose his words and briefly described what he had just learned in a way that would not make his good friend Xu Ling'an feel uncomfortable.

  "He is at the General's Mansion, Xie Hongyuan's Mansion."

  "I went there about a week ago. Xie Hongyuan invited the Third Prince to his house for a gathering."

  As Yin Cheng spoke, he observed his friend's expression and found that there was no change in his face. His heart, which had been raised, calmed down a little.

  "You mean... the third prince sent the person over personally?" Xu Ling'an bent his finger bones and rubbed his index finger silently with his left thumb.

  "It should be." Yin Cheng knew the general idea, but did not send anyone to investigate, fearing that they would be found out. Xie Hongyuan sent the invitation to him, not to his father, but in the name of a friend, inviting him alone to attend his mother's birthday party.

  This time is a little different from previous years. In previous years, even if Xie Hongyuan came back, he would basically not invite any outsiders over.

  Yin Cheng couldn't figure out what happened, and he didn't want to ask Xie Hongyuan. Since he had invited him, he had to go.

  Xu Ling'an dug his nails into his palm and exerted force suddenly. A sharp pain pierced his heart. He stood up from the chair and walked away from the desk.

  "Xie Hongyuan has a deceased lover in his heart. Over the years, not everyone has tried to get someone to be with him. Some people even found a woman who looked almost exactly like Lan Die. Although the woman stayed in the mansion for a while, she was eventually sent out by Xie Hongyuan."

  "Even women are not in Xie Hongyuan's eyes. Fu Yue is a man, and he doesn't look like Lan Die. And I have never heard that Xie Hongyuan likes men. If Xie Hongyuan knew that was your beloved, how could he not know the pain of separation from the one you love? If you mention it to him, he might just send the person back to you." Yin Cheng looked at Xu Ling'an, who had his back turned and was looking at the landscape painting hanging on the wall, and said out loud everything he had thought of in one breath.

  Xu Ling'an slowly turned around and stared at Yin Cheng with a mysterious expression. His eyes were so deep that Yin Cheng almost thought there was something on his face.

  Without waiting for Yin Cheng to ask why, Xu Ling'an asked in a deep voice, "Did you overlook someone?"

  "Who?" Yin Cheng was a little confused.

  "The Third Prince." When Xu Ling'an said these words, the corners of his mouth suddenly curled up, and a hint of sarcasm flashed across his expression for a moment.

  Yin Cheng was still puzzled: "Him? Is it related to him?"

  "Have you forgotten? Fu Yue is the Third Prince's person. He has lived in my Liyang Marquis Mansion for less than half a month. How long do you think he can live in the General's Mansion?" Xu Ling'an had a smile on his face, but the smile did not even reach his eyes.

  Yin Cheng's mouth was slightly open, and he actually forgot about it for a moment.

  The third prince Chu Fengxuan, it was not any of them who decided Xiaobai's fate, not Xie Hongyuan, and certainly not Xu Ling'an.

  "But, he is still in the general's mansion now. He should not go back in the next few days. We can take advantage of this time..." Yin Cheng stopped talking here. He expected Xu Ling'an to understand what he meant specifically.