5.11

The destination of the secret letter was the residence of the imperial physician in the palace. The physician was already preparing to go to bed when he received the letter sent by the Second Prince Chu Yan.

  He immediately walked to the slightly flickering candle, opened the letter and read it quickly. His standing body suddenly shook violently for a moment, and he had to support himself on the table with his hands to avoid falling to the ground due to the shock.

  The imperial physician seemed to have aged a lot in an instant, his face full of bleak sorrow, he held the secret letter in his hands with trembling hands, his eyes fluctuated violently, his lower lip trembled constantly, his eye sockets slowly turned red, and even tears began to gather.

  After a moment's silence, the imperial physician held the secret letter over the candle flame. As soon as the flame touched the letter paper, it began to burn, making a little sound.

  The secret letters were all burned to ashes, even the imperial physician's hands were burned, and the burning pain instantly woke him up.

  He turned around abruptly and walked towards the door. He walked too fast and tripped when he crossed the threshold. His whole body fell to the cold ground. In his panic, he failed to grab the door frame next to him. He fell heavily to the ground with a thud, and his forehead was directly broken. Scarlet blood gushed out and flowed onto the face of the imperial physician, instantly blinding one of his eyes.

  However, he had no time to care about the pain at this moment, because his entire mansion was about to suffer a devastating disaster.

  The imperial physician quickly notified the servants to bring his son, who was born in his old age, from his concubine. He could not explain this to anyone in the mansion. In order to gain his current position, he had taken someone else's life, and now he had to pay with his own life. He was not afraid of death and had already prepared for it in his heart, but he could not let his family's incense die out here. Imperial Physician Cui called two of his confidants and asked them to take the family treasures and a large sum of gold and silver, pack them in boxes and load them onto the carriage, and send the only descendant of the Cui family out of the mansion overnight.

  Watching the carriage going further and further away, Imperial Physician Cui suddenly lost all his strength. He was supported by the servants and returned home. Imperial Physician Cui did not sleep that night. When he got up the next morning, his whole face was filled with a heavy look of death.

  Xie Hongyuan came on horseback, carrying the person in his arms as he walked out of the Second Prince's Mansion, followed by Chu Fengxuan.

  Chu Fengxuan was riding in a carriage, so he had no choice. Xie Hongyuan could only put Xiaobai on Chu Fengxuan's carriage.

  Chu Fengxuan stood tall beside the horse. Xie Hongyuan turned his head and made eye contact with him. Although he did not say anything, he could tell something from the other person's expression.

  Looking at the frost on Chu Fengxuan's face, it was clear that he was extremely angry, which showed that he cared about the people in the carriage. But it was also clear that he was the one who kept sending people to be molested by others.

  Just as Xie Hongyuan was about to say something, Chu Fengxuan brushed past him and got on the carriage. The heavy curtains fell down, instantly covering up the scene inside.

  With his fists clenched tightly, Xie Hongyuan took a deep breath. He still had a mother at home. If he really faced the Second Prince head-on, his mother would definitely be affected. So the best place for Xiao Bai now was with Chu Fengxuan. Only that person could protect him better.