5.3

"What are you doing? Let go. Do you know who I am? I want to see the Marquis. You are so bold as to arrest me..."

  "Mmmm." Madam Xiang's subsequent screams were covered by a guard's hand.

  Her beautiful eyes were wide open, her arms were held tightly by the guards on both sides, and she could not speak, so she struggled hard with her whole body, completely ignoring her manners. She kicked with her feet, trying to kick the guards away, but she had been pampered for too long in the marquis's mansion, so even a guard could completely control her.

  Many of the exquisite and luxurious headdresses on Madam Xiang's head fell to the ground during her mad struggle, but she still could not avoid being dragged out of the room by the guards with stern faces.

  An ordinary maidservant would not struggle. When the guards grabbed her arms and restrained her, she would be frightened and collapse. Her whole body would become limp and she would not even have the strength to stand.

  The two were taken out of the house one after another and taken to the most secluded house in the backyard, which was surrounded by weeds and almost no one would pass by. The guards opened a door and pushed the two in. One of them took something from his body, forced open Madam Xiang's throat, and forced her to swallow the thing. Then he left the house and locked the door.

  Madam Xiang sat down on the ground, remained silent for a moment, then suddenly rushed to the door frantically and banged on it violently. She opened her mouth to shout, but suddenly found that no matter how hard she tried, she could not utter a single accurate syllable, only a terrifying tone.

  Mrs. Xiang was horrified and she hurriedly touched her throat.

  Make a few broken monotonous sounds.

  The maid collapsed on the ground, her expression dull, staring blankly at Madam Xiang who suddenly stopped moving in front of her.

  Madam Xiang saw the maid out of the corner of her eye, turned around abruptly, raised her hand, and slapped her hard, knocking the maid to the ground. The maid's cheeks became red and swollen in an instant, and scarlet blood flowed from the corners of her mouth.

  "She probably won't be able to turn over in her lifetime." 96 told Xiaobai what was happening somewhere in the backyard of the Marquis' Mansion.

  From 96, Xiaobai learned that the woman had already killed several people, so she was in her current tragic situation. Although he had fanned the flames, he did not feel any guilt.

  After all, that woman had tried to kill him. If he hadn't asked 96 to help cover up the past, he would have really died at the hands of that woman.

  "It's all your own fault." Xiao Bai lowered his eyes, his body wrapped in a soft quilt. With a heat source next to him that continued to provide warmth, his stiff and cold body was slowly recovering its temperature.

  He lay quietly in Xu Ling'an's arms, where the other party couldn't see, the corners of his mouth curled up slightly.

  After this unexpected incident, Xu Ling'an was worried that something unexpected would happen when he was not in the Marquis' Mansion. When he mistakenly thought that Xiaobai was dead, he felt a heart-wrenching pain. He did not want to experience it a second time, so he took Xiaobai to his bedroom that day. After that day, Xiaobai lived in Xu Ling'an's bedroom. Xu Ling'an also ordered that no one in the Marquis' Mansion could come to Xiaobai without his permission.

  He also specially arranged two guards with martial arts skills to protect Xiaobai around the clock.

  In just a few days, Xiao Bai's status in the Marquis' Mansion was second only to Xu Ling'an.