5.9

Xu Ling'an let Xiaobai get on the carriage first, and then he got on himself. The wheels started rolling, and Yin Cheng, who had been lying with his eyes closed in the carriage, opened his eyes in the shaking, but his eyes were blank. He glanced inside the carriage for a moment, and the next moment his neck tilted, and he closed his eyes and fell asleep again.

  Yin Cheng was sent all the way to the Prince's Uncle's Mansion. Xu Ling'an did not get off the car. The driver jumped off and trotted to the big iron gate of Guanhe and knocked on it several times. Soon someone came out.

  The driver whispered a few words to the man, and the two of them ran back to the carriage.

  The coachman lifted the curtain. The servant from the Prince's Mansion who was standing beside the carriage was very close, so he could see the situation inside the entire carriage in an instant. When he saw Xu Ling'an, he called out respectfully, and then subconsciously looked to the other side. When he saw that, his heart almost skipped a beat.

  He looked away immediately. Although he didn't know the man's identity, since he could sit in the carriage, he must be no ordinary person.

  The coachman helped Yin Cheng, who had fallen asleep due to drunkenness and was then woken up by Xu Ling'an, out of the carriage and handed him over to the servant of the Prince's Mansion.

  Yin Cheng half-closed his eyes, his body limp into a puddle, thrashing in the servant's arms, yelling in a low voice.

  "Let go, don't stop me, I can still drink, give me some wine, Ling An... help me get the wine..."

  "Second Young Master, hey, be careful, there are stairs ahead..." The servant grabbed Yin Cheng's waving hand and reminded him to step down.

  After everyone entered the gate, the carriage set off again. Without Yin Cheng, the atmosphere in the carriage suddenly became dark. Xu Ling'an stared at Xiao Bai who was opposite him. The latter did not look at him, but stared outside through the curtain lifted by the wind.

  Now that the person was back with him, Xu Ling'an was surprised. It felt a bit unreal. All the plans he had made were of no use. He told Xie Hongyuan directly, and the other party returned the person to him without any objection.

  Does this mean that nothing happened between Xie Hongyuan and Xiaobai, and Xiaobai is an unimportant person to him?

  This thought instantly made Xu Ling'an feel much better. When he thought that if Xie Hongyuan had touched Xiaobai during this period, he would have felt uncontrollable and violent. Fortunately, such a situation did not happen.

  Xu Ling'an exhaled slowly, then said, "Tomorrow I will go to the palace, write a letter to His Majesty, and return to Yecheng."

  "When the time comes, you will leave with me. Don't worry, I will definitely keep you safe."

  Xiao Bai's eyes suddenly flickered, and he turned to look at Xu Ling'an. The man had already thought of a way out. He didn't know what expression would be on the man's face if he said at this time that he liked the third prince, not him at all, and would rather die than leave the capital.

  He would probably be extremely disappointed, because the person he thought he had got might not possibly belong to him at all, and he would probably be sad for a while.

  Do you want to say that?

  Xiaobai pondered for a moment, then nodded to Xu Ling'an: "I believe you."

  I'd better not do that. It's rare to be liked by such a handsome and outstanding person, so I'll just stay with him for a while.

  Presumably, by now the news of his leaving the General's Mansion had already reached the Third Prince Chu Fengxuan. That man would not just watch Xu Ling'an take him away and would definitely take action.