4.9

"Li'er? Is that your name?" After the Steel Beast with light golden eyes broke an alpha's neck with its bare hands, its movements suddenly stopped. Not only it, but the other three Steel Beasts also temporarily suspended their current battle.

  Xiaobai and Ryans stood side by side, less than one meter apart, and were stared at by the steel beasts. Because of synaesthesia, Xiaobai sensed the emotions in the steel beasts' hearts almost instantly.

  There was a joy in knowing his name.

  When Ryans saw the steel beasts staring at Xiaobai, he felt uncomfortable and took two steps towards Xiaobai to block the steel beasts' sight.

  Then, without much hesitation, the blade swooped forward with a sharp momentum.

  The fierce battle that had just paused for a moment started again, but this time, two steel beasts turned around to meet Ryans' attack.

  Naturally, Ryans was defeated, and his left arm was nearly caught by the steel beast and torn off from his shoulder. Ryans quickly landed on the cliff, flipped half his body, and fell straight to the ground.

  The steel beasts have a strong desire to kill Ryans, because he is the person chosen by their partners. Only by killing him will their partners belong to them completely.

  The two steel beasts slightly arched their backs, and two steel wings suddenly spread out from their backs.

  The metal wings flapped, and the steel beast soared into the air. Sharp blades emerged from its fingertips, and it swooped down from the air with the force of thunder, aiming at Ryans.

  The two steel beasts, one on the left and one on the right, cut off Ryan's retreat. Ryan put his left hand on the hilt of the knife held in his right hand, and then pulled it quickly, and the blade was instantly split into two. Ryan held a long sword of exactly the same style in each hand, and with a loud clang, he blocked the attacks of the two steel beasts.

  However, his personal strength was quite limited, and the blade slowly approached Ryans' body under the pressure of the steel beast's metal arms.

  Xiao Bai saw this scene a few meters away and moved to go over to help Ryans, but suddenly a silver-white body jumped in front of him.

  The man was wearing a silver-white uniform that was almost the same as his skin color. He had a straight and tall posture and a resolute face. An iron beast with ink-black eyes flashed over and blocked Xiaobai's way.

  Xiaobai raised his arm in front of the sword, with the tip of the blade pointed straight at the steel beast.

  Xiaobai's clear figure was reflected in the Steel Beast's dark vertical pupils. Xiaobai remembered this man's name, Monte, the third Steel Beast to combine with him.

  "It's my pleasure." Monte walked towards Xiaobai step by step. Even though the opponent's blade was always facing him, Monte walked quickly and reached the blade in a few steps. He just stared at his partner across the sharp blade with deep love and attachment in his eyes.

  Steel beasts do not die, and will not grow old, get sick, or die. Their souls do not die. Even if their bodies die, their souls will separate and return to the steel planet where they were born. After hundreds of years, they will regain their bodies, but as before, they will continue to search for their only soul mate.

  Now that he had found him and had a deep connection with him, his wish was half fulfilled.

  If he died at the hands of his partner, it would only be the death of his body. One day in the future, he would be resurrected and he would be able to find him again even if he had to travel across the entire universe.