Your daughter hears you two fighting and gets upset/angry

Creds to snowflakepreferences

Louis: "Y/N! WILL YOU LISTEN FOR A SECOND GOD DAMNIT!" Valerie heard her dad yell. She shuddered a bit as she stood at the top of the steps, silently eavesdropping on her parents latest argument. "WELL LOU, I WOULD LISTEN IF YOU LISTENED TO ME EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE. BUT NO, MR. LOUIS FUCKING FANTASTIC TOMLINSON IS TOO BUSY MAKING PLANS WITH STAN TO PAY ATTENTION TO HIS WIFE." You shout back. Valerie sank to her knees trying to hold the sob in her throat from escaping. She hated hearing her parents fight. Whether it was something small like it is right now or something huge like when her brother fails a subject in school. She heard you two go back and forth yelling about the stupidest thing when she finally heard something she thought would never leave her father's lips. "You know Y/n, sometimes I wonder why we're still married when we can't even have a civil conversation." He spat at you. Valerie lost it and let the shrill so come from her voice box making you and Louis turn in horror. You both rushed over to the stairs to find your thirteen year old daughter crouched in a ball crying her eyes out. You rushed up to her and gently rubbed her back. "Hey." You soothed. "Don't worry about me and daddy. Sometimes we say stupid things to eachother that we don't mean." You tried to calm her. Louis crawled up next to you as Valerie lifted her head. "I just hate hearing you guys fight over the stupidest things. Like dad, take three minutes out of your busy schedule to listen to what mum has to say and maybe this marriage would work better." You 13 year old explained. You looked over at your husband and he sighed. "Val, you know I love your mum very much. She's the most amazing thing thats ever happend to me, well besides you, Tommy and the twins. What I said down there was in the heat of the moment and none of it is true. I just want you to know that." He patted his daughters leg. You smiled at him and lightly kiss his cheek which he returns. "I know. Just try to stop fighting about the small things. I hate seeing mum cry and you lose your voice. Just promise you'll stop." Valerie pleads. You nod before looking at Lou. "I promise." You both recite. She smiles. "Good now kiss!" She laughs as she pushes your faces together. You attach your lips to your husband and smile as your daughter claps her hands from behind you.

Liam: "LIAM CAN YOU STOP YELLING AND LET ME EXPLAIN!" Mia hears you scream at her father. Liam had accused you of lying to him and cheating on him when you were actually holding a surprise party for his thirty fifth birthday. The eight year old sat on the steps and covered her ears as the screaming match between the two of you continued. "JUST TELL ME THE FUCKING TRUTH Y/N! ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?" He yelled back at you. You shook your head in desperation. "NO, I'M NOT! ARE YOU INSANE!" You yelled back. Mia tapped her foot quietly on the step trying not to scream in annoyance. Mia hated when you two fought. It was rare. Usually you or Liam were really grumpy or it was something serious like her dads health. She wiped the fallen tears that had rolled down her porcelain cheeks and tried to block out the screaming voices until she couldn't take it anymore. She knew her father meant well but she also knew what you were planning. She rushed down the stairs holding the bottom of her white nightgown and rushed into the kitchen where you two were holding your vocal battle. She pushed the two of you apart with her tiny hands and looked up at both of you. He glazed blue eyes stood there in terror. "STOP!" She yelled at the two of you. "STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" She added. You looked up at Liam, pain was evident on both of your faces. "Daddy, mummy isn't cheating on you, whatever that means. As she's been trying to tell you, she and Uncle Andy were trying to plan a surprise party for your birthday." Mia admitted. You saw the guilt in Liam's eyes and you moved your head away from his stare. You bent down and pulled the small eight year old girl into a hug before lifting her up and onto your side. She might be eight but she was still light enough to be lifted. "Y/n, is it true?" Liam asked. You nodded placing a kiss onto your daughter's forehead. Liam quickly pulled you into a hug and placed a kiss on your lips and his daughters forehead as well. "Oh, I'm so so sorry. Mia, I'm sorry you had to hear those bad words come from daddies mouth. I don't mean them." He apologised. You three woke up Jayson and spent the rest of the night watching movies and playing family games as Liam apologised to you every now and then.