Daddy Dearest - Chapter 13

ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO

Creds to hemmingsalmightty

PREVIOUSLY

"You ran out of a meeting for me?" Niall asked, eyes wide.

"Of course. You're my baby and you needed me," Louis replied, kissing his hair. "I'll always do that for you." He glanced down at Niall, who was struggling to stay awake by now. "Always."

"Okay, Daddy," the baby slurred as his eyes finally slipped shut. And then Louis turned back to his email, finishing it and pushing his laptop away before he laid down, snuggling his oldest baby close despite the heat radiating off him from his fever.

Louis never wanted to let him go. He wanted to hold Niall tight and keep all the bad things away from him for the rest of his life. Which he knew he realistically couldn't do, but he would sure as hell try.

Niall napped on and off all afternoon, only waking when his churning stomach decided to make itself known or whenever Louis woke him up to make him drink some water. Louis stayed with Niall all afternoon, not wanting to leave the boy alone. He spent the time either napping or corresponding with his boss through email. It wasn't until almost four in the afternoon that Louis' mother showed up, and Louis placed a gentle kiss on Niall's sweaty forehead.

"I'll be back in just a moment," he whispered to the baby. "I'm going to go give Grandma all the stuff I packed for your brothers. Okay?"

"Okay, Daddy," Niall mumbled as he curled up in the warm spot Louis had just vacated. Louis smiled and headed downstairs to open the door. Once he did Zayn and Harry rushed in, hugging Louis' legs tightly while Liam gasped happily from Johannah's arms and yelled, "Daddy! Hi!"

"Well, hey there little ones," Louis laughed. "Did Grandma tell you what was going to happen these next few days?" he asked curiously.

"Niall's sick, Daddy. And Grandma says we have to stay with her so we don't get sick too," Harry replied matter of factly.

"That's right," Louis nodded. "I know it's going to be hard," he stated, picking up Zayn, who was pouting up at him. "But I don't want you guys feeling icky too. If your tummy does start hurt and you don't feel good, you tell Grandma right away," he instructed, kissing Zayn's cheek.

"Yes sir," Harry and Zayn chorused, and Louis nodded.

"Thank you, boys. Now, you get to go have fun with Grandma! Are you excited?"

"She says we get to watch a movie tonight! With popcorn!" Zayn gasped.

"You do?? That's so fun!" Louis replied enthusiastically. "I wish I could be there, you guys."

"But you gotta take care of Niall, right, Daddy?" Harry asked surely, and Louis nodded.

"Yes, he really doesn't feel good," he mentioned. "But he'll be just fine," he promised.

"Okay, you guys, let's get back to my house," Johannah offered gently, taking Harry's hand. Louis stepped out of the house with Zayn in one arm and the bags in his other hand, carrying them to his mother's car.