Daddy Dearest (Ch. 10)

A/n: HAIII GUYSSS SORRY I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING

Creds to hemmingsalmightty

PREVIOUSLY

"Don't like it," he whined, and Louis tugged the boy into his lap, wrapping his arms around the smaller one.

"Don't like what, buddy?" he asked, but there was no answer, no sort of reaction from Niall. "That's okay. You don't have to talk, buddy. Just know, Daddy's here."

"Daddy's here," Niall repeated quietly, his hands clamping Louis' shirt tightly. "Here."

"Here," Louis repeated, kissing his hair. "Always."

The afternoon was a relaxed one for the family, with the young babies playing and Niall staying with Louis, taking in all the comfort offered. Louis would be lying if he said he wasn't concerned, but he didn't try to push Niall to talk, he just held him and talked quietly to reassure him. "Want to help me make dinner tonight?"

"Sure," Niall said quietly, his head resting on Louis' shoulder. "What are we making?" he asked curiously, looking up at Louis.

"I thought we could make some fried rice," Louis replied. "You know? Like rice with a bunch of veggies and some chicken."

"That sounds yummy," Niall agreed, wiggling into a sitting position.

Louis smiled and called out to the other children, "Hey guys, bring it in! We're going to go play inside for awhile while we make dinner!" It took just a moment for Harry to pull Liam and Zayn toward the house, and Louis reached out to kiss each of his babies on their forehead. "You guys can play in the living room," he stated. Then they went inside and the three young babies sat on the living room floor with some coloring pages while Niall and Louis headed into the kitchen.

Louis talked Niall through everything they were doing in the kitchen, and it didn't take long for there to be a pot of fried rice on the stove, ready to be eaten. Louis smiled and high fived Niall. "This looks so awesome! You're the best soux chef ever!"

"What's a soux chef, Daddy?" Niall asked curiously as they headed to the living room to gather the babies.

"It's the chef that helps the big chef make sure everything is ready to be eaten. And you did a perfect job!" Louis smiled. "Hey, guys! Dinner's ready...who's hungry?" he asked.

"Me!" Zayn gasped. "I hungry, Daddy!" Louis grinned and led them back into the kitchen, helping Zayn into his booster seat and giving each boy a bowl of rice.

"It might be a little hot, so be sure to blow on it before eating it," he stated gently. All the boys nodded and Niall kept an eye on all the babies as well.

"Zayn, is it okay?" he asked softly.

"It's really good!" Zayn insisted.

"But it's not too hot?" Niall insisted, and Zayn shook his head.

"It's good, Ni," he promised. The blonde nodded and came to sit in his seat, beginning to eat his own food. It was a bit quiet for a moment, but then Harry spoke up.

"Daddy, what's your job?" he asked curiously.

"My job, huh? I make music. Write songs and record them. I make CDs and things like that," he smiled.

"You make music?" Harry asked, eyes wide. "That's so cool, Daddy! So you're like...famous?"

"I guess you could say that," he laughed. Niall looked over at Louis with his head cocked to one side. "What, Niall?" he asked.