Daddy Dearest - Chapter Two

CREDS TO HEMMINGSALMIGHTTY

A/n : there are fourteen chapters so idk if there going to be more but so far i know is theres only 14 chapters

Previously

"I know what you said, Rory. And with all due respect, maybe the reason no one takes him is because you're so quick to turn them off from him. So why don't you go to your office and I'll come get you if I need to?" Louis asked, looking at her sternly. Rory nodded then and turned away.

"Of course, Mr. Tomlinson. Come get me if you need anything at all." Then she scurried off, leaving Louis to open the door to the younger children's building once more.

"Hey guys, so where did we leave off?" Louis asked, smiling at the grin that absolutely lit up Niall's face. Maybe he was on to something here.

Louis played with the young boys for almost an hour, trying to ignore the voice of reason in his head telling him he didn't need four children. Because he didn't, that was crazy. But Louis had connected with Niall and the others, and the thought of taking only one of them was driving him mad. He couldn't break up what was going on here.

I really don't need four children, he tried to convince himself as he snapped more Legos onto his and Harry's tower. A couple feet away sat Niall and Zayn, Zayn in Niall's lap and quietly reading to Niall. Niall was listening like a good older brother, helping him sound out a word or two whenever the little one asked for help. And Liam, oh Louis loved Liam already. The toddler was the most easy-going, most trusting little boy. He also had this tattered blue blanket wrapped around his shoulders, not going anywhere without it. Liam was quite content to quietly entertain himself, playing with a couple of cars or big foam puzzles.

Louis could feel himself falling more and more in love with the babies as each minute passed, and it pained his heart to think of leaving them here or separating them in any way. Then as the afternoon continued, Louis' frame of mind switched to How hard could it be? These guys seem self-sufficient, and Niall's old enough to help me out a bit, right? Then he began to think of the logistics of everything. This would mean four different co-pays at the doctor, this would mean four different sets of school supplies and clothes and four more mouths to feed.

Not that Louis was pressed for money. He'd been in the music industry since his late teens and had heeded everyone's advice for him to store some money away. He could do it budget-wise, but was he giving up his sanity for these guys? And suddenly he was on the other side of the fence again. I can't have four kids.

Louis battled internally with his feelings for quite some time, just happy to continue playing with the boys. At one point, Liam toddled over to Niall and tugged his sleeve, pulling his thumb to his mouth and whispering something so quietly that Niall had to pull him closer and have him repeat it. Then the nine year old nodded and gently set Zayn on the floor beside him before standing. "Liam and I will be right back," Niall said to the others before taking the young one's hand and heading out of the room. Louis looked a bit confused, and Harry spoke without even having to look up from his Lego bus.

"Liam's scared of going potty on his own so Ni takes him," Harry explained, and Louis had to smile at that.

"Well that's nice of Niall," Louis replied before looking to Zayn, who was reading as if Niall had never left. It was impressive how well Zayn could read for four, most kids couldn't even read at that age at all. Just moments after looking back at the block, Louis felt someone wiggling into his lap. When he glanced down he was met with a faceful of dark black hair.