Daddy Dearest: Chapter Six

CREDS to hemmingsalmightty

PREVIOUSLY

"You're welcome," Louis smiled. "I'm so glad you're here with me." He kissed Liam's hair and then leaned down to do the same to Niall. Niall looked up at Louis and the man was shocked to see tears in his eyes. "Oh, honey, don't cry," he soothed, leaning down to look at him.

"Sorry," Niall sniffled, wiping his eyes on his sleeve.

"Don't be sorry," Louis whispered, kissing his forehead again. "Just be really, really happy."

"I am," Niall promised, standing straight. "I really am."

"Mine?" Liam interrupted quietly, pointing to the crib on the wall. Niall and Louis both laughed and Louis nodded, bouncing him in his arms.

"Yeah! Yours," Louis smiled, carrying him into the room. "All yours."

The excitement of their new surroundings had quickly tired out the kids, so it didn't take much finagling for Louis to get his kids in bed. He started with baby Liam, getting him changed into some footed pajamas and laying him in the crib. "Goodnight baby boy," Louis whispered, kissing Liam's forehead and raising the crib wall. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Night, Daddy," Liam giggled, grabbing his blanket and curling up.

"Goodnight, love," Louis smiled, turning to where Niall was waiting on his loft bed already, playing with a couple of action figures. "You all ready to seep?" Louis asked, and Niall nodded, handing him the toys.

Louis set them on the desk then stepped up the ladder a bit and kissed Niall's forehead before watching him lay down. "Goodnight, Niall," he murmured softly. "You come get me if you need anything, alright?"

"Yes, sir," Niall whispered, eyes already falling shut. Louis smiled and shut off the light before heading down the hall to the other room. "How are we doing in here?" he asked.

"Good!" Harry smiled from where he sat on the bottom bunk, a book on his knees. He was already dressed in his pajamas and was all ready for bed, just waiting for his promised tuck in.

Then Louis turned to Zayn, who was sitting on the floor with a car, running it back and forth.

"Alright, you brush your teeth?" Louis asked and Zayn nodded, standing up. "Okay. So you're all ready for bed!" he smiled. He waved the boy toward the bed and turned down the sheets, watching as the boy climbed in. Then Louis tucked Zayn in before running his fingers through his hair. "Goodnight, Zayn," he smiled. "Thank you for your help today, bub."

"You're welcome," Zayn smiled shyly. Louis winked and leaned down, pulling something from underneath the bed.

"I bought you a surprise today," Louis said quietly. "For being such a great helper."

"Really?" he gasped. Louis nodded and held up a stuffed whale, bright blue with some sparkles on its fins, smiling. "For me?" Zayn clarified, and Louis chuckled.

"Yeah! For you! To snuggle at night," Louis added, putting the animal in his arms. "All yours."

"Cool!" Zayn grinned and snuggled down into the covers, and then Louis stood. "Goodnight, Daddy," Zayn said shyly, and Louis smiled. That word just warmed his heart.

"Goodnight, love. I'll see you in the morning," he whispered, heading to Harry's bed. "Alright, mister," he smiled, settling beside Harry. "Into bed with you." Harry giggled and got beneath the covers, grinning as Louis tucked the covers beneath his shoulders. "Have good dreams, alright?" Louis smiled, pulling lightly on one of Harry's curls and causing the boy to giggle.