12- Where's My Mom?

“Miss? Miss, can you hear me?” I heard a deep voice yelling at me. I tried to get up, but something just kept pulling me back down. “Miss, please do not try to lift yourself.”

“Wh-what’s going on?” I tried to say, but I just fell down.

“Miss, you were in a car accident, please stay still. Relax.” The man kept saying.

“Wh-where’s m-my mom?” I yelled, “Mom!” Where was she? “Mom!” I just kept yelling until I got an answer.

“Miss. I’m going to ha-” I interrupted the man by yelling for my mother.

“Please,” I felt the tears going down my face, “where is my mother?”

“Miss. I’m going to have to ask you to please relax and calm down. Your mother in in an ambulance on her way to the hospital.” Finally, an answer. Why is no one answering me-- did she say ambulance?

“Wh-what happened to her? Is she okay? Please tell me!” I cried, begging for an answer. Then I heard another EMT walking over to me, asking how I was responding. I tried not to listen, but couldn’t help it.

She’s yelling for her mother, she won’t calm down.” The female EMT said, while looking at me. I just turned my head, I didn’t want to talk to any of them until they told me what happened to my mother. “So then tell her.” I heard the EMT say, then he turned my head over so I was looking at both of them. They were both soaking wet, but I guess its because it’s raining. 

“Okay, so from the evidence, I can tell you that you guys were in a car crash. Your mother wasn’t severely injured, that we know of so far.”

“What about the baby? She’s pregnant!” I yelled. The EMT stared at me in disbelief then called over another officer. He told the man about my mother, and he ran off. Then I continued speaking, “okay, so what else happened? How am I doing?”

“You have a broken leg, there might be some internal problems but we won’t know for sure until we get you to a hospital. We’re just waiting for the ambulance to arrive and you will be off to treatment.” I thanked him for the information, as he helped me onto the gurney. “After your leg surgery and blood tests, you will be questioned about the accident.”

“Oh-okay, thank you officer.” I managed to get out. He just nodded and pushed my gurney into the ambulance. When the doors closed, I heard beeping as I was being hooked up to all the machines. My head was pounding so hard, I could barely think anymore. I just turned my head to the side and…