60- Stuck in the Hospital

SKYLAR’S POV

“What is the news doctor?” Layla asked her. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m afraid the razor you used was infected and the two of you will be needed for a few more days in need of more examinations and tests.” The doctor delivered the news.

“They need to be with us tomorrow for a concert.” Louis told the doctor.

“I’m truly sorry Mr. Tomlinson, but Layla and Skylar need to stay. No exceptions.” The doctor told us, then left the room.

“This sucks, I was supposed to sing my song at the concert.” I lamented. 

“Don’t worry Skye, you guys will be there. I’ll make sure of it.” Niall reassured us.

“But we can’t leave until tomorrow, and that’s only if we can be released tomorrow.” Layla told him.

“Yeah, and honestly, I doubt you guys will be able to leave, you are both infected.” Louis explained.

“You guys will be there. ‘No exceptions.’” Niall mimicked the doctor, then left with Louis. “We’ll be back tomorrow morning. Love you babe.” Louis and Niall both said, then exited the hospital room.

“I really hope we get to go to the concert.” Layla mentioned to me.

“Me too, I was really looking forward to singing that song.” I told her.

“The suicide prevention one?” She asked me, and I nodded. She looked down at our arms and began talking again. “Seems like the perfect time for it, don’t you think?” She looked up at me and smiled. This time, it was a real smile.

“Layla. Can I ask you something?” I asked her.

“Yeah, go for it.” She told me.

“Why did you let Louis go?” I asked her the question, catching her off guard.

“To be honest, I actually really like him, but I’ve always imagined my life with Harry.” Layla admitted to me.

“Plans change Layla, and you said it yourself, you really like him, and its pretty obvious he likes you a lot too.” I explained.

“That’s true. I’ve been putting Louis down a lot lately, and I need to apologize to him. Should I call him?” She asked me.

“Hmm. Well he’s probably driving now, but-- Oh!” I paused, then got a great idea. “How about you tell him on stage tomorrow! Let the world know you were wrong and that you apologize and want him back.” I told her my idea and he face lit up.

“Skye, that's an amazing idea!” She cheered, then ran over to me and gave me a big hug. “But how are we going to be able to leave here and go to the concert?” She asked me, but I wasn’t sure of the answer.

“Maybe we can convince the doctor. Or maybe the doctor can come with us if she needs to?” I suggested, but I was interrupted by Layla’s phone buzzing. “Who’s that?”

“Louis is calling me, hold on.” She picked up her phone and began the conversation with him. “Hey Lou! Need anything?” She covered the speaker and asked me.

“My phone, that blanket I bring everywhere and a big sweatshirt would be nice!” I told her, then thought of something. “Hey, could they pick up some Nando’s on their way here, I’m not a big fan of hospital food.”

“I’ll ask them.” She told me, then continued talking on the phone. “Alright, I’ll let her know. See you soon!” She hung up the phone.

“What’d they say?” I asked her.