73- Don't Let Me Go

“Yes!” Amelia screamed in joy. Layla screamed as well, but out of anguish. Harry stood up, put the ring on Amelia’s fourth finger and gave her a massive hug. Layla, on the other hand, said congratulations then stormed out of the room, up the stairs into her room, then slammed the door.

“Should we..?” Harry asked, but I shook my head.

“I’m going to go tell Skylar the good news.” I ran up the stairs into our room where Skylar was lying down on the bed. “Skye?” I quietly spoke and she turned over to look at me.

“Are they done fighting?” She asked me, wiping her tears. I walked over to her and sat on the bed next to her.

“More or less, but guess what?” I had a big smile on my face from the news I was about to deliver. “Harry proposed to Amelia!” I cheered.

“What?” She had a smile on her face, which was a first in awhile, “Yay! What about Louis and Layla, how are they doing?” My smile dropped.

“Well, Layla punched Amelia in the face, but she’s okay. She also wasn’t the happiest about the proposal. Louis disappeared in the middle of the fighting, but I’ve got an idea of where he might be.” I explained to her.

“Could I come with you? I need some air.” She asked me, and I nodded. She then stood up and began to get dressed, as did I. After a few minutes, Skylar and I were on the beach, walking to where Louis was. Skylar stopped us from walking to point over to a man sitting on a bunch of tall rocks.

“Louis?” I yelled and he snapped his head in our direction. It was him. 

“How’d you know I was here?” He asked us. “Hi Skylar.” Skylar greeted him back.

“I had a feeling. You okay, mate?” I asked him, noticing he had a notepad and guitar by him.

“Yeah, I’m just thinking about Layla and Harry and all of that drama.” He told us.

“Anything we could help you with?” Skylar asked him.

“Actually I was going to ask for your guys’ help. I’ve been writing this for awhile now. Since the first big fight back in London. Would you mind reading it?” Louis asked us, then handed me the notebook for Skylar and I to read over.

Louis had written a song about Layla. It was so touching and it helped me realize how much he loved her. “This is amazing Lou.” I told him. “Do you plan on singing it to her?”

“Well I was going to sing it to her tonight on our beach date, but now I’m not so sure. I need help guys.” Louis was worried about everything that’s been going on with him and Layla, Layla and Harry, and Amelia and Layla. 

“I think you guys should go on your date tonight no matter what she says. You need to tell her how you really feel and you need to play her this song Louis.” I explained to him.

“Thanks mate. And thanks Skylar.” Louis stepped down from the rocks and gave us both a big hug. “I really needed your help. I appreciate it.”

“No problem Lou.” I told him.

“Anytime Louis, really.” Skylar mentioned to him, then we all smiled to each other, which was a relieving feeling. Louis stayed behind for a little longer to add his finishing touches to the song. Skylar and I began to walk back to the beach house now since it was around 6 PM.

“So what do you want to do tomorrow? Amelia and Harry are probably going to spend time together. Louis and Layla are hopefully going to go on their date.” I asked Skylar.

“Umm, how about we do some baking, just kind of hang out, then we can go on the boardwalk and the pier later on!” She suggested.

“That sounds like the best day ever, babe.” I pulled her into a hug and gave her a big kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you too Nialler.” She told me, then we both laughed and walked back home, my arm around her shoulder, her’s around my waist. When we got back to the home, Harry and Amelia were sitting on the back porch eating some food that they had cooked. 

“Hey guys. There’s some grilled cheese on the counter if you want them.” Harry yelled inside to us.

“Thanks mate!” I yelled back, then grabbed plates for Skylar and I. We walked outside by our friends and joined them in the feast. Layla had crept her way down the stairs and joined us as well. The table was awkwardly silent until Louis burst through the door. 

“Hey Louis, where’ve you been?” Amelia asked him, but he ignored her and looked at Layla.

“Look Layla, I know you love Harry, but that’s not going to stop the way I feel about you. You probably don’t want anything to do with me, but I can’t let you leave me. You’re the perfect girl for me and you’re not going anywhere. What I’m trying to say is don’t let me go.” Louis explained everything to Layla who just stared at him, as did Harry and Amelia. Skylar and I were smiling, since we knew what was happening. 

“Louis, what d--” Layla was interrupted by Louis playing the guitar, which was a surprise. 

“Seems like these days, I watch you from afar,

Just trying to make you understand.

I’ll keep my eyes, wide open.

Don’t let me

Don’t let me

Don’t let me go

Cause I’m tired of feeling alone.” 

Louis sang his song, and it was absolutely perfect. His true feelings were revealed during that song and I think Layla really appreciated it. Louis put his guitar down and stood up. “Layla--” He was interrupted by Layla running to give him a hug.

“Louis I’m so sorry for everything I’ve done. I never meant to hurt you, or anyone else. I didn’t know you felt like that, and I’m so sorry for not realizing what you meant to me.” Layla cried.

“Do you really mean it Lay? You’re truly sorry for all of this?” Louis asked her, eager to know.

“Yes. I’m truly sorry for putting you through this, for putting everyone through this. I’ve realized a lot today.” She paused to get a drink of water. “I realized that Harry is madly in love with Amelia and I’m going to have to live with that. I’ve also realized and learned that I don’t deserve you Louis. All you’ve put up for me, all that I’ve put you through isn’t worth having you.”

“Layla, please. I do deserve you, I love you. I don’t want anyone else, but you. You’re my love, and only my love.” Louis was beginning to tear up, which is when he got on one knee. I’m guessing that’s where he and Harry were this morning. 

“Layla Autumn Rhineheart, will you marry me?” Louis asked the heart wrenching question.