71- I'm Sorry Guys

“Well, what?” Layla yelled this time.

“Liam, h-he didn’t make it through the crash.” Louis gave us the news and everyone just sat there in silence, even me. “I-I’m sorry guys.”

“You’ve got no reason to be sorry, babe.” Layla stood up and hugged him. Skylar looked over at me since I had begun crying. 

“Niall.” Was all she could say, which is all she needed to. She put her arm on my back and pulled me into a hug. Her hug was all I needed right now, the way she rubs my back, especially when I’m feeling down. I cried into her shoulder and she rubbed my back as I did. 

I didn’t think I could hear anything over my tears, but I heard other tears coming from right beside me. I looked up from Skylar’s shoulder and saw that she was crying as well. She’s not one to really cry, especially in front of other people, so this was a shocker. “Babe, are you okay?” I asked her.

“What? Yeah.” She gulped, then began wiping the tears from her eyes, but I stopped her so I could wipe her tears away. “I’m sorry Niall.”

“Sorry for what? None of this was your fault. No one knew this would happen.” I reassured her, but that’s not what she was talking about.

“I’m sorry for bawling my eyes like this. I d--” She cried, then looked me in the eyes. 

“Babe, there’s no reason to be sorry, especially with all that’s been happening.” I tried to tell her, but seeing her blue eyes cry, only made me upset. I can’t bear to see her cry or hurt. 

“I don’t want to cry, but I can’t stop.” She told me.

“I’ll stop if you stop.” I said to her, and she nodded, then hugged me. I looked at the clock and it was rounding 1 AM. “Babe, let’s head off to bed now, we’ve got a long day ahead of us tomorrow.” I told her, then took her hand and we walked to my room. 

When I woke up, I was in the car with Harry, Amelia, and Skylar. Skylar was laying on my lap, still asleep. I checked my phone and it said 10:25 AM, then I noticed I had a mention on Twitter. I checked it and Harry had posted a picture of Skylar and I sleeping in the backseat. 

“Morning sleepyhead.” Amelia said, noticing I had finally awoken. Harry, then noticed I awoke and greeted me as well.

“Morning guys.” I rubbed my eyes and slightly adjusted myself in the seat, but tried not to wake up Skylar. “How long until we’re there?”

“Oh, he’s one of those people.” Amelia joked with me, then answered my question. “We should be there in about an hour and a half, Niall.”

“Thanks Mel. So how’d everyone sleep after last night?” I asked the couple in the front seat, Harry driving.

“It took me awhile, but I think I finally fell asleep at around 2.” Harry told me, then Amelia agreed with him. “What about you mate?” 

“I waited until Skylar fell asleep, which was about 4, then I don’t think I fell asleep until 7ish.” I looked down at Skylar sleeping on my lap, and noticed she was smiling. She must’ve been dreaming about something nice, which made me happy. 

“Wow, so you didn’t sleep much? Well today we’re not doing much, so we can all take a long, much needed nap.” Amelia told us. 

“I’m going to take you up on that offer Mel.” I told her, then Skylar woke up. “Morning babe.”

“Morning Nialler.” She told me, then gave me a kiss. “Morning Mel, Haz.” 

SKYLAR’S POV

“Good morning Skye!” Amelia and Harry said in unison, then laughed at each other for doing so. We all sat in the car for the next hour and a half blasting music, talking, stopping for some food, and just having the time of our lives. We never really get to enjoy road trips like this because we’re locked up in a big tour bus, or flying there in a private plane.

We arrived at the home minutes after Louis and Layla had. “Hi guys! How was the trip?” Layla asked us, while Louis went inside and quickly did a check up to make sure everything was in its place. We were staying at a waterfront beach house that Layla’s family normally rented out for a week or two over the summer.

The home was a quaint little summer home, blue siding all around the house with a few occasions of light stone. The front door was beautiful with its dark mahogany and a large window at the top. When you walk inside of the home, to your left was a formal dining room overlooking the city. To your right was an office for Layla’s father’s business work. Walking past the staircase brings you to the open layout of the kitchen and living room. There were bright colors flowing together everywhere you looked with a beautiful granite countertop in the kitchen.

I walked upstairs with Niall to our room that we were going to share. It was a faint green color on the walls with white wooden floors. We had a queen sized bed to share and two dressers with a mirror propped on top of them. We walked back down the hallway towards the stairs, passing Layla and Louis’ room along with Harry and Amelia’s room. Both were about the same size as mine, with Layla’s being just a tad bigger as it was the master.

“Layla this house is absolutely gorgeous!” I yelled to her as I slid down the stairs’ railing. 

“Thanks Skye!” Layla yelled back to me. She was in the kitchen putting away some groceries she and Louis had picked up on the way here. “What’s the plan for the day for everyone?” She asked after everyone had settled down in the living room. 

“How about a little walk on the beach?” Amelia suggested.

“That sounds good, I say we just relax for the day. Especially with everything that’s happened in the past few weeks.” Louis agreed.

“I like that idea, we could all relax and take a nice long walk on the beach.” Niall mentioned, then nudged me. “Want to walk together, babe?” 

“Of course Nialler.” I told him, then smiled in his direction.

“Alright, it’s settled then. We’ll all go for a walk on the beach, I’m guessing in couples?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, that seems fine.” Layla said. “Then we’ll all meet somewhere for dinner?” The group agreed to the plans and went upstairs to their rooms to change for beach weather. I came downstairs in my new green bikini with a crop top over it and some sunglasses and flip-flops to match.

Niall and I were the first ready, as usual, so we headed off to the beach before everyone else. “Which way?” Niall asked me as we stepped onto the hot sand. Just as I was about to answer, I saw a bunch of teenagers drive by on a dune buggy.

“Can we ride those?” I asked him, excited.

“Anything for you babe.” Niall told me, then we walked along the beach until we saw the tent set up for the dune buggies. “Hi, we’d like one dune buggy, please.”

The woman wasn’t looking at us until she heard Niall’s familiar Irish accent. “Hi Niall. One dune buggy, coming up! How long would you like it for?” She asked us the question and Niall looked over at me, for my answer.

“Three hours please.” I smiled and looked at Niall. The woman drove out our buggy and gave us the keys while Niall paid for it. “Thanks babe!” I thanked Niall, then he jumped in the buggy with me. We drove it around for about ten minutes until I saw some familiar faces lying down in the sand.

“Shall we?” Niall smirked in my direction and I nodded. Before they could figure out who we were, Niall and I drove the dune buggy right in front of our friends who were lying in the sand. We stopped the buggy just in time so that they would get sprayed with sand. 

“Skylar!” I heard Amelia yell as we drove away, laughing.