19- 'Surprise!'

Niall looked at me and smiled. “That wouldn’t be bad.” Then he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in for a hug, and I blushed.

“Let’s see what else you guys have in common…” Layla trailed off in naming things that Niall and I have in common. “Blonde hair.”

“Actually, my hair is naturally brunette.” He tried to make a point, but it didn’t work.

“So is mine.” I looked up at him and gave him a weak smile. If Layla keeps naming things we have in common, it’ll go on forever.

“What else do they have in common?” Liam asked, intrigued. 

“Do you really want to know? She could go on for hours.” I reminded him, but he just nodded.

“Well, we both have blue eyes.” Niall looked down at me and smiled. 

“That’s one of many, my friend.” Just as she said that, Amelia mentioned about my mother’s party.

“Shouldn’t we get the room ready, she should be back any minute.” 

“Oh yeah!” Louis said, with excitement. “I’ll go to the café and grab the cake.” Then he grabbed Layla’s arm and brought her with him.

“What can I do to help?” I asked, wanting to help.

“You just sit on your bed and relax, I don’t want you getting hurt.” Niall said, handing me my siblings. “You can watch over Haze and Cy.”  I thanked him, my voice fading with every word. While I lay in my bed with my baby brother and sister, the group set up my room. There were balloons that said “Get Well Soon” and “Happy Birthday.”

Just as everyone sat down, finished with the room, Louis and Layla ran in “She’s down the hall! Hurry!” My siblings were taken from my arms and were now being held my Amelia and Blakely. Zayn ran to turn the light off and Louis shut the door. I pulled the covers up, so it looked like I was sleeping. Within a minute, the door sprang open and my mom ran in, tears streamed down her face.

Just then, Hazel began to cry. My mother turned on the lights, “What’s going on?” She asked.

“Surprise!” Everyone yelled and cheered. My mother’s face lit up with joy.

“My babies!” She cried, and ran over to hold them tight. “I thought I lost you.” Then she broke down, crying.

“Ms. Grey, are you alright?” Blakely ran over to my mother’s help. My mom nodded and regained happiness.

“I was so worried about them, Skylar and I went ov--” Then she looked at me, “Skylar!” She hugged me so tight. After a moment, I pulled away and explained what happened.

“I hope you’re not mad at us, Ms. Grey.” Harry asked, hoping for a happy answer.

“Well, I can’t say I’m thrilled,” his smile disappeared, “but I’m very happy that Skylar has such great friends.” His smile came back bigger than ever. Every huddled around my mom and I and we all have a massive group hug. I looked up and I saw Harry kiss Amelia on the cheek. Just then, I heard someone begin to cry, but couldn’t place the source. I looked up at everyone in the group, then I saw.

“Lay? Why are you crying?”