20- Good News For Everybody

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt.” She managed to say. The group hug broke up and Louis walked over to Layla, sitting on the couch.

“Layla? Are you alright?” He asked, his accent strong.

“What? Oh, yeah. I’ll be okay.” She lied. Louis went to go hug her, but she pulled away.

“Are you sure you’re okay? You don’t seem it.” Louis asked, but this time he tried to wipe the tears away, and she actually let him. I think I know what this is about, Layla has always had a crush on Harry, and Louis was the close second. But I think seeing Harry kiss Amelia, she got jealous. 

“Hey Layla? Do you want to wheel me down to the,” I paused, trying to think of a place to go, ”do you want to take a walk with me?” I finally managed to ask. 

“I’d love to Skye.” She weakly smiled and we walked out the door. “Is this going to be about what I think?”

“If you mean you being jealous of Mel because she got Harry, then yes.” I said, looking up at her.

“I-I just,” she paused talking, and wheeling. She pulled me over to a bench so she could sit, then wheeled me in front of her so we could talk. “I thought I would be able to handle it, seeing him with her and all, but I guess I can’t.” She looked down and a saw a tear drop splatter onto her leg. I wheeled myself closer so I could hug her.

“Look, I know you wish you could’ve had Harry, but Louis is just as great, if better.” She looked up.

“What makes you say that?” She asked, wiping the tears from her face.

“First of all, I think Louis is more like you. You guys are both sassy,” she tried to interrupt me to defend herself, but I just kept going. “You seem to have much more fun with Louis, and I don’t think you are giving him enough credit.”

“You really think so?” She asked, looking up into my eyes.

“I know so. Please just give him a chance, I think it’s for the better.” I told her, she pulled me into a hug, almost taking me off my chair.

“Thanks Skye, I really appreciate it.” I smiled at her, and we went back to the room. When we got back, my mom was sitting next to Niall on the couch.

“H-hey guys. What’s going on?” I asked, a bit confused. Niall looked up at me and then got up to help me onto my bed.

“Oh, nothing. Everything alright now Layla?” He asked, looking in her direction.

“Yah, I’m all better now, thanks to Skylar.” She smiled at me, then sat next to Louis. He seemed shocked by this considering the earlier encounter. He put his arm around her and she sat closer to him. “Thanks” She mouthed to me. I just winked back and smiled.

“So, what were you guys doing before?” I asked Niall, he sat down next to me on my bed.

“Well, we had some of the cake. Then your mum sat us down and she showed us some of her pictures on her phone. We talked about our concert tomorrow night, then we all got talking about the tournament.” He smiled, and looked at me. “I told her it was the best day of my life.” I blushed, and he pulled me into a hug. “Then I told her how you won 5th place and you got your medal.” I completely forgot about that! Where is it?.. Hmm.. 

“Do you know where your medal is Skye? I want to see it!” My mom asked me, but I had no clue.

“You could check my bag maybe.” I said, pointing over to the chair with my sleepover bag from the night of the tourney. Niall walked over and searched through it, then yelled “Found it” when he did. He walked over and placed it in my mother’s hand.

“Wow Skye! It looks amazing!” She said, cheerfully. Then she handed it back to Niall and he walked over to me. He placed it on my neck.

“It looks even better on her!” Niall exclaimed, then gave me a hug. Everyone laughed, then the doctor came in.

“Good afternoon everyone.” He stated, and everyone responded back. “ I have some more news!” My face lit up, I really wanted to go home.

“What is it Dr. Malcolm?” My mother asked, looking up at him.

“You are all free to leave the hospital tonight!” He told us. My mom practically shrieked, causing the group to laugh, even the doctor. Finally. 

“Thank you so much Dr. Malcolm.” I told him, then I hugged Niall as he walked out the door.

“Okay! So let’s get those bags packed, and let’s head home!” My mom cheered.