18- Must Be Destiny

My mother helped me back into my wheelchair, just before running off the find the doctor. After a few moments of adjusting myself properly in the chair, I began to wheel myself back to my room. I stopped by the café to grad a drink. I was so thirsty and haven’t drank anything yet today. As I pulled my wheelchair up to the vending machine to grab a water, my chair turned. The water bottle was thrown into my lap, and as I gasped with pain, I was moving. I turned around, it was Louis.

“L-Louis? What are you doing to me? Where am I going?”  I asked, begging for an answer. He just looked down at me and smiled. “Louis!” I yelled it this time.

“Well I saw you struggling to get the water, so I thought I’d help.” He was still smiling, although I was confused.

“What are you doing here though?” I looked up at him.

“We’re here for the party” whispering the last word, then had a nervous chuckle. “Your mom invited us for the day,” he paused, “this special day.” I was still confused. Special d-- It’s my mother’s birthday! How could I forget?!

“Oh my gosh, how could I forget about my own mother’s birthday!” I cried. Louis took one hand off the chair and began to massage my neck. “Thanks, but I don’t like massages.” He stopped walking.

“What? How do you not like massages?” He looked at me like I was crazy, or something.

“I don’t know, but they hurt.” I laughed, then he continued walking letting out a chuckle. “So have you seen my mother?” I gave him a look of concern.

“Oh, yeah. She’s chasing your doctor around, right?” He didn’t think there was anything wrong with that sentence.

“Uh, yeah. That’s the last I saw of her.” I was worried now.

“Well I haven’t seen her, but I think it’s better that way right now.” He smirked as we turned into the room. I looked up and saw everyone. Niall and the boys, Layla and the girls, and then in Niall and Mel’s arms: my siblings.

“Hazel! Cyrus! You’re okay!” I cried, a tear fell from my eye. Louis wheeled me over to them and I carefully grabbed Hazel from Amelia and hugged her, but not too tight. Her arm was in a little pink cast, I felt so bad for her. Then I gave her back to my friend and Niall walked over to me, handing me Cyrus. “I was so worried about you two.” Niall smiled, and rubbed my back. I looked up at him and smiled.

“So what are you all doing here? And why were my siblings missing before? How did they get here?” I asked, then Layla walked over to me and helped me onto my bed.

“Well your mom invited us for a little recovery party, but she doesn’t know we‘re throwing her a birthday party.” She smiled at me. “And for your siblings, Dr. Malcolm brought them in a moment after you and your mom left to look for them.”

“So that’s why he ran off running? Because you guys wanted it to be a surprise?” I asked, they all nodded. “You guys are so sweet, my family and I are so lucky to have you.”

“Must be the Irish in you, giving you all that luck.” Layla said, looking at me. I know what she’s trying to do. She then winked at me, which Niall noticed.

“You’re Irish?” He asked, his accent thicker than normal. I nodded, then pulled my necklace out of my shirt.

“Hey! That’s just like the one Nialler’s got!” Louis yelled. Then, Niall picked up his necklace, they were practically the same.

“Must be destiny.” Blakely laughed.