16- A Hug I'd Been Needing

When I woke up, my phone was on the floor. I reached down to get it, but someone else had picked it up for me. I looked up into those gorgeous blue eyes I had been waiting to see. “Niall,” was all I could manage to say. He handed me my phone and sat down on the bed. “Thanks.”

“It’s no problem, how are you feeling?” He asked, I closed my eyes and took in hearing his accent again.

“Much better, my leg hurts a bit, but that’ll get better.” I strained to say, but Niall didn’t seem to notice my struggle. He was too busy staring into my eyes, his smile disappearing from his face. I noticed a drop falling from the ocean he had as eyes. “Wh-what’s wrong Nialler?”

“What?” I caught him off guard, “Oh, nothing.” I could tell he was lying to me.

“Niall, you know you can tell me anything, right?” He looked away after I said that, “please Nialler?” I weakly smiled. He turned his head back at me and smiled.

“Only for you, Skye,” He paused, another drop fell off his rosy cheeks, “when I found out that you had been in an accident, I dropped to the floor. I-I couldn’t believe it was you, I didn’t want to lose you.” He was sobbing now, I pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back. I could feel my back getting soaked but I didn’t care.

“Niall, I’ll never leave you.” I looked up at him, we locked eyes and I continued talking while he wiped his tears away. “I would never want to leave you.”

“D-do you really mean it Skye?” He blushed and smiled, looking at me. I nodded, and we hugged. It was a long hug; it was a needed hug. All of a sudden, the door creaked open. I saw a bunch of familiar faces. The boys had shown up, for me. They took time out of their day, to visit me.

“How are you feeling?” Louis’ voice rang through my ears. I told him my feelings and he sat down, with the rest of the group, on the couch. A few moments later, Amelia, Blakely, and Layla showed up. That’s when I felt tears in my eyes.

“Skylar!” Layla yelled. This time, I didn’t care if she yelled, I just needed to see her, and the others. Niall was still sitting on my bed, he was rubbing my back and it made everything so much better. He was so comforting, it was amazing.

The door creaked open, yet again, but I didn’t mind who was coming through this time. “Hi mom!” I practically yelped. It was so nice to see her again, and healthy too.

“Hey honey, how are you feeling?” She ignored everyone else in the room, and Niall got up and sat by the boys. I told her how I was doing and she just kissed my forehead. That’s when she noticed all of the company we had.

“Are these your friends from the tourney?” She smiled, looking around at everyone. Then waving to my friends that she had already known.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Grey.” Niall chirped to my mother.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Niall.” She had remembered his name from when I told her about him in the car, moments before the accident. Niall smiled and hugged my mother. “Oh, and please call me Emily.” Niall nodded, and my mother smiled.

“I’m so glad everyone gets along.” I said, smiling. Niall walked back over to me and sat on the bed. My mom grabbed a chair when Dr Malcolm walked in with a worried look upon his face.

“I’ve got some news.”