41- Recording Fun

“Alright boys, let’s get you--” The vocal coach, Savan, began to talk but stopped, “Where’s Harry?” He hadn’t heard the news, I’m guessing. 

“Harry was hurt today during an interview and is resting in the hospital, he’ll be back tomorrow.” Amelia told him, and he understood.

“Well then, let’s read the lyrics out and see if they’re alright.” He told us. I pulled out my phone and gave him the lyrics. “Hmm… These aren’t half bad. Did you write this?” He asked me. 

“Layla and I did.” I told him.

“Skylar did like ninety percent of it.” She told him. He nodded and started typing up the lyrics so he could print them out for the boys to sing.

“Is the tune of this to One Way or Another?” He asked me and I nodded. “Awesome.” When he was done printing it all out, he sent Liam in the booth first to sing. The girls and I sat on one couch, while the rest of the band sat on another.

Layla’s phone began to ring, so she picked it up. “Mom?” She asked into the phone. “Tomorrow? Okay.” she paused so her mom could talk, “I’ll let everyone know. Love you, bye.”

“What’s going on tomorrow?” Blakely asked her.

“Tomorrow is Landon’s funeral and she wants you all to be there, the band and everything. Also, no school for us.” She explained to us. That’s so sweet of her mother. Louis’ head turned over at the word band.

“What’s going on tomorrow love?” He asked, in a sweet tone. Layla explained it all again. “I’d be honored to go!” He then came over to us and hugged Layla, just before being called into the booth.

“How’d it go Liam?” Zayn asked him and Liam told him it went well. “Oh, by the way, we’re going to Layla’s brother’s funeral tomorrow.” Liam looked up and hugged Layla.

“We’ve got a busy week, don’t we?” Blakely asked.

“The funeral, the fencing dinner, the studio, Harry, the interview.” I said, “Lots going on.” The girls all nodded. 

After about two more hours in the studio, the boys were finally finished with their parts. Harry was to go tomorrow after the funeral and record his parts. “C’mon girls, let’s head home.” Liam told us as we all walked onto the bus.

Niall and I lay on the same couch as before, while Amelia and Liam played cards on the table. Zayn and Blakely were in the back, on the big mattress, probably sleeping. Layla and Louis were sitting across from us, watching the television.

“How was recording?” I asked Niall, who sat us down on the couch, so we could cuddle again. 

“Pretty good, I love that song that you wrote.” He told me, looking in my eyes. “Maybe we could all record another song of yours.” 

“I’d like that.” I smiled at him, then lay my head in his chest as he rubbed my back. 

“Which song would you like to record?” Layla asked him. I don’t think he knows all of my songs. “She’s written a whole bunch.”

“Well I really like the eyes one, so hopefully that song.” He told us. “Could I see what other songs you’ve got babe?” He asked me, so I showed him the others I had.

“What’s this one?” He asked me. It was my suicide prevention song I wrote awhile ago.