58- The Feelings Stay

SKYLAR’S POV

When I walked out from the bathroom, I saw Louis waiting for me. “Where’s Niall and Liam?” I asked him, slightly confused.

“They’re already at the seats, what you didn’t want to see me?” Louis asked me.

“Of course I want to see you! I just thought Niall would be here, that’s all.” I told him.

“Hey, relax. I’m just joking with you, you know that right?” Louis told me, but I just looked down. He put his arm around me and waited for me to look up at him, and when I did, he was making a funny face. I began to chuckle which made him laugh too. “No wonder Nialler’s always laughing, you’re laugh is contagious!”

“Or maybe it’s because I’m just so funny!” I joked around, causing him to laugh more.

“That could be it too!” Louis chuckled. “So you seem to really be into him, huh?” He asked me, catching me off guard.

“Well yeah, what’s not to like?” I told him.

“I don’t know, what don’t you like about him?” Louis asked me, which caused me to think.

“Well I was never really into cursing, but I am friends with Layla.” I immediately regretted saying that, because I had forgotten about the whole break up. “Louis I’m so sorry!” 

“No, it’s alright, it’s better if we let it out.” He told me.

“We could talk about her if you’d like.” I said to him, then pulled him down next to me when I sat on a bench so we could talk. 

“I still love her Skye. I just can’t get her off my mind.” He began to tear up.

“Please don’t cry Lou, then I’ll start to cry.” I paused and looked up at him, trying to cheer him up. “Look, ever since I first met Layla, she’s been in love with Harry. I told her to give you a chance and she promised she would. I guess she just couldn’t hold it in anymore. I’m really sorry Louis.” I hugged him real tight, and I could feel my shoulder begin to get wet.

“You told her to give me a chance?” Louis asked me, and I nodded, breaking up the hug. “Thanks Skylar, I really appreciate it.” He told me.

“It was no problem Lou, really.” I told him, then he hugged me again.

“Niall’s such a lucky guy.” He said, which again, caught me off guard.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“He’s head over heels for you Skye, really.” He told me, and my eyes grew wide. “He said he loves you more than anything.” I could feel my cheeks getting redder as he spoke. 

“R-really?” Is all I could say.

“Really.” Louis smiled and said.

“Wow, I’m so lucky to have him as my boyfriend.” I gloated, which caused Louis to look down in sorrow. “I’m sorry Lou, again.” I told him, but he shrugged it off. 

“Don’t worry about me Skye, I’ll be alright.” He looked me in the eyes and tried to smile, but I knew he was lying.

“Are you sure? You know I could talk to her if you’d want--” I began to tell him, but his eyes immediately grew wide with a smile.

“Could you, please?” He asked me, with a massive smile spread across his face. 

“I’ll talk to her when we get home!” I chirped.

“Thanks so much Skye, you’re a life saver.” Louis paused, then looked around at the food center. “Want to get some food?” 

“Is that even a question?” I asked him, joking around. 

“You know, Niall says the exact same thing when I ask him.” Louis told me.

“Is that so?” I asked him, looking down to see Niall cheering about the game.

“Yeah, you guys are so much alike. It’s almost like you’re long lost twins.” He laughed, then grabbed my hand as we walked up to order. “Skye, what do you want?”

“I’ll have three cheese dogs and a medium Sprite please.” I told the cashier, then looked at Louis. “Should we get food for Niall and Liam too?”

“Oh yeah,” He said, then turned to the cashier, “We’ll have three more cheese dogs, along with six regular dogs and three more medium Sprites, please.” He told the lady, and she looked at him weird.

“Are you Louis Tomlinson?” She asked him, staring at his face, trying to see if it was him.

“Nope, my name’s Chad. Could we have our food please?” He told the cashier, his sassier side coming out. He was perfect for Layla, why couldn’t she understand that?

“Right away Chad.” She told him, then went around to the kitchen to fulfill our order. After a few moments, she came out with a few plates filled with our hot dogs and sodas. “Here you go, that’ll be $50 please.” Louis gave her a $100 bill and told her to keep the change.

When we got back to our seats, Niall was too preoccupied with the game to notice we were back. “He really loves the derby, doesn’t he?” I asked Liam, which caused Niall to turn around.

“Do I smell cheese dogs?” He chirped, then smiled once I handed him his plate and soda. “Thanks babe.” He gave me a kiss on the cheek as we all sat down to continue watching the game. The game ended with Niall’s team winning, but Louis stayed after to take pictures with the players. 

Niall, Liam, and I waited in the car for Louis, so I turned the radio on. Kiss You came on and I began singing along, and after a minute or so, Liam and Niall joined in. Just as it was Louis’ part, he came back to the car.

“Did you get pictures?” Liam asked him, but Louis ignored his question. “Lou?”

“We need to leave.” Louis blurted out, beginning to drive home.

“W-why?” I asked him, hoping for an answer this time, but it didn’t happen. The rest of the car ride was silent as Louis sped to Harry’s cottage. He unlocked the doors and ran inside, not letting any of us know what had happened. I looked in the backseat at Liam and Niall and they just shrugged, as we all unbuckled our seatbelts.

“Louis what’s going on?” Niall yelled as he stepped out of the car, and Louis shot his head backwards.

“Layla’s hurt.” Louis ran inside, tears streaming down his face.