80- Skye's the Limit

“Skye, get up!” I heard Layla yelling. I immediately perked up, but hit my head on the bunk. 

“Ouch. What is it Lay?” I asked, getting out of my bunk, safely this time.

“Look! The news is talking about your show last night!” She turned the TV towards me so I could see.

“Hey, I was watching that!” I heard Calum complain, who was eating cereal at the table with Luke and Ashton. I looked around and didn’t see Mikey anywhere, or Harry, or Amelia. I looked up towards the driver and saw Niall talking with him, no surprise there. 

“What are they saying?” I asked Layla, who was still yelling about the news. 

“The show was a hit! They love 5SoS, and they loved all of your songs.” Layla exclaimed and I felt my face get redder and redder as she went on. “They love you Skye!”

“That’s so awesome. I never expected this much support. You guys are getting big, too!” I said to Luke, Calum, and Ashton, who were now done eating their cereal. 

“Skye, don’t forget we’ve got an interview with that station. Do you want the shower first, or can I?” Luke called from the bunks.

“You can have it Luke. I’m not going to shower just yet.” I yelled back to him. 

“Thanks!” He yelled as he shut the bathroom door. 

“I completely forgot about the interview.” I told Layla and Calum. Ashton was in the other shower. 

“We’re all going together, right?” Calum asked me.

“Yeah, it’s 5SoS and Skylar Grey. They just announced it on the news channel. ‘This noon.’” Layla told us. “It’s ten now.” 

“That’s pretty soon. Do you think we’ll all be ready by then?” I asked my friends.

“We’re already outside the studio, Skye. Look.” Calum said, moving the shades out of the way to reveal the news studio. “Luke’s out, Skylar, you can shower.” 

“Thanks Cal.” I said, then I made my way to the bathroom with my bag of hygiene products. After we all showered and were ready to go, it was 11:45.

“Alright, everyone ready?” Mikey asked us all and we nodded.

“We’ll be watching, good luck guys!” Harry yelled out the door once we all stepped out. We were escorted by three security guards, and the guys kept me in the middle for protection.

“Right this way guys.” One of the security guards brought us onto the stage where the interview would be held. 

“Good morning guys! It’s so nice to meet you. My name’s Becca, I’ll be interviewing you today. Here, have a seat.” She moved slightly to the right, allowing us to walk next to her to our seats. 

“Show’s on in one.” The security guard yelled onto the stage. I sat closest to Becca, who was separated from us by a table with flowers on it. Ashton sat next to me, then down the line was Calum, Luke, then Michael. 

“5, 4, 3, 2.” The cameraman pointed at Becca, letting her know we were rolling.

“Good afternoon Dublin, Becca Wright here with the newest in the music industry. Meet Skylar Grey, and the Five Seconds of Summer boys; Ashton Irwin, Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings, and Michael Clifford.” We all waved to the camera and smiled. “So how’s Ireland so far Skylar?” 

“It’s been great. I’ve longed to come here forever and to come here doing what I love with the people I love, makes it all that better.” I explained to Becca.