27- I Forgive You

“I-I got to go.” Ed stuttered, then ran out the door. My cheeks were flushed with redness as I looked up, confused.

“W-what just happened?” I asked. Blakely and Amelia just stared in shock as it all happened.

“D-did Ed just k-kiss you?” Layla asked, perplexed. Did he? Did Ed Sheeran just kiss me on the cheek? 

“I-I think he did.” Amelia answered for me, as I was too baffled to respond. 

“It was probably nothing, right?” I asked, with hopeful eyes.

“I think you should just shake it off.” Blakely told me. 

“Should I tell Niall?” I asked, begging for an answer, they all nodded.

NIALL’S POV

“Thank you so much New Jersey!” Liam yelled out, just after finishing the last song. We all hugged, then did our bow.

“I think that was the best concert yet!” I yelled back to the boys as we all exited the stage. Louis was first off, then the rest of us followed. He opened the door to the dressing room where all the girls were and they were just sitting there.

The first thing I heard was Skylar, “Should I tell Niall?” She looked up at me, then took a double take. “H-hi Niall.” I walked over to her and sat down.

“Tell me what?” I asked her, hoping she would tell the truth. She wasn’t answering, so I lifted her chin. I stared her in the eyes until she spoke.

“E-Ed kissed me,” she paused, looking down, “it was on the cheek though!” She blurted out. WHAT? How could he? He knows I like her! I fell silent at her response. I looked up at Harry, he just nodded. Amelia must’ve told him, too. What do I even say to that? I wasn’t sure, so I just got up and left. I walked down the hallway and locked myself in the bathroom stall.

I heard footsteps approaching me, slightly hoping it wasn’t Skylar. “Niall? Are you alright?” It was Layla. I let out a sob, trying to be quiet. “Niall, please come out and talk to us.” Skylar was there too. I unlocked the stall door, then stepped out. Skylar ran over and hugged me.

“Babe, I’m so sorry for run--,” I tried to continue, but she stopped me from talking. 

“Niall,” I loved the way she said my name, I couldn’t help but smile. “I promise you, I don’t have feelings for Ed.” I looked up from the ground, and into her blue eyes. They were so gorgeous, just like her. “I’m going to go back now, are you coming?” She asked me, but I told her I wanted to talk to Layla first, so she walked out the door.

“She’s telling the truth, Niall.” Layla spoke up, “Ed kissed her.” I looked up at her and smiled. “Skylar really likes you.”

“Really?” I asked, hopeful. Layla nodded, leading me to my next question. “So if I asked her out tomorrow, she’d say yes?” Layla’s eyes lit up and a massive smile spread across her face.

“There’s no doubt about it!” She blurted out, then ran to give me a hug. “So how are you going to ask her?” I still haven’t thought about it yet… 

“I actually don’t know yet,” I paused, looking down. “I was hoping you’d help me?” I asked her.

“Of course Nialler!” She told me, Yes! “Well, I think you should--” She was interrupted by the door opening, it was Liam.

“Hey, sorry to interrupt, but we’ve got to get going. We have to drop off the girls and get to sleep, we’ve got a long day tomorrow.” He told us, then shut the door again.

“Could you text it to me, Layla?” I asked her, then she nodded and we went back to the room with the rest of the group. The first thing I did was run to Skylar and give her a massive teddy-bear hug. “Hey babe, I’m sorry about before.” She looked up at me and just smiled. 

“Don’t worry, Nialler, I forgive you.” She told me, then buried her face in my chest. It felt so good just to have her so close, protecting her. I put my arm around her as we walked out and onto the tour bus. After about an hour of all of us sitting and laughing on the tour bus, we got to the girl’s homes and dropped them off.

I was looking through my mentions on twitter, when the boys came over by me. “What’re you doing Nialler?” I was caught off guard and looked up, my cheeks flushed red.

“Just reading some stuff.” I selectively told them.

“Is it stuff about Skylar?” Louis asked me.

“Well I’m looking through my mentions, and there’s some stuff about Skylar,” I paused, “like why I didn’t ask her out tonight.” I looked down in lament. 

“Just wait until tomorrow, they’ll be filled with happy tweets.” Zayn told me, trying to cheer me up. I looked at him and weakly smiled. I felt my phone vibrate; a text from Layla.

“So how are you going to do it Nialler?” Louis asked me, I showed him the text.

“That’s a great idea!” Harry told me, “but when are you going to do it?” Hmm.. We have an interview in the morning… 

“Maybe after the interview for Z100?” I asked, yeah, that’s a good time.