21- To Skylar!

“Don’t worry babe, I got them.” Niall told me, while picking up my bags for me. Did he just call me ‘babe‘? Whoa, I could get used to this. Niall walked out the door with my bags, and Harry grabbed my mom’s. My mom walked out with Hazel in her arms, and Layla had Cyrus. I couldn’t hold anything because I was still on crutches for the next 4 weeks. Oh well. 

My mom, the babies, Layla, and I drove in one car, while the boys, Amelia, and Blakely drove back in the tour bus. “How’s your leg feeling, Skye?” Layla asked me, rocking Cyrus back and forth in his car seat to make him stop crying.

“Much better, thanks.” I answered, looking in the mirror so I could see her.

“Ms. Grey, how are you feeling?” She asked my mother, how kind. My mom smiled and told her how she was feeling great. “That’s good!” We all laughed, then Layla brought up the concert. “Do you think you’d be able to go tonight, Skye?” I turned my head towards my mom.

“You can go, but you have to unpack your bags first.”  I thanked her and asked if she would be alright handling the babies on her own. “I’ll be fine, don’t you worry. Daddy will be here.” I smiled and thanked her, again.

“Looks like I can go!” I yelled in excitement, then I saw Layla look down. “What are you doing Lay?”

“Just texting Lou, telling him you can go. He said ‘can’t wait!’” She looked up and smiled at me. We pulled into my driveway and Layla and my mom grabbed the twins. Just as I stepped out the door, I was greeted by my favorite Irishman helping me.

“I’ll help you, don’t worry.” He looked at me, grabbing my hand and helping me up.

“Thanks Niall,” I said, and while looking at him, I flashed a smile. She smiled back and helped me down the walkway. “Hey mom, is the door unlocked?” I asked, looking up the driveway. She was carrying Hazel and telling everyone where to put the bags once they took them out of the car.

“It should be, Daddy should be home.” I blushed, did she just say ‘Daddy’? That’s so embarrassing! Then, Blakely opened the door and pushed my dogs out of the way and put them in a separate room.

“Thanks Blake, they can get pushy.” She responded with a ‘no problem’ and we all walked upstairs, placing the bags down. Niall asked where my room was, and after I told him, he grabbed the bags and put them there. I sat down on the couch, and my cat jumped on my stomach. 

“Hey Momma Cat! I missed you!” I told her, petting behind her ear. Then I called out for my dad, “Dad? Where are you?” I yelled, then I heard his footsteps running up the stairs. He had been working in the basement.

“Skylar! How are you? Where’s mommy?!” He sounded panicked, but I told him she was downstairs with the baby. “Oh yes, the babies! I can’t wait to meet them.” That’s not all you’ll be meeting. He walked downstairs only to be greeted by eight more people than he was expecting. “Uh, hey everybody.” He sounded nervous.

“Don’t worry Travis, they’re all of Skylar’s friends.” My mom told my dad, to calm him down a bit. “This is One Direction,” she said, pointing to Harry, Liam, Louis, and Zayn, “where’s Niall?”

“Right here Ms. Grey, I was just putting Skylar’s bags in her room for her.” His Irish accent fled the room.

“Oh, they have accents. Fascinating.” My dad said, that sounded a little creepy, sorry. 

“Yes, we do, I’m Niall. I’m from Mullingar, in Ireland.” He said, shaking my dad’s hand. 

“Oh, an Irishman, would you like a drink?” Niall nodded and I just knew my dad was going to love him. “Come with me Niall.” Then, my dad and Niall walked out the room and into the basement.

NIALL’S POV

Her dad and I walked down the stairs into the basement. “Nice place you got here, Mr. Grey.”

“Please, just call me Travis.” He then bent over and got out two Budweiser’s and handed one to me.

“Thank you, Travis.” I took the cap off and we did cheers. “So how are you coping with everything that’s happened so far?” I asked, trying to break the silence.

“What? Oh with the babies and the crash? I think I’m taking it pretty well. I didn’t really want more kids after Skylar, but I’m glad they’re here.” He looked up at me and laughed, but I could only make out a nervous chuckle. “So, I heard you and Skylar are getting along well.”

“Yeah, she’s wonderful. She’s pretty, funny, and her friend Layla says we have a lot in common.” I laughed, sipping my beer. 

“I’m pretty sure she fancies you as well, you’ve always been her favorite.” He nodded as he took another sip. I must’ve blushed because he patted my back. “That’s a good thing, Niall.”

“So you wouldn’t mind me asking her out, would you?” I asked, hoping for a positive response.

“I’d be mad if you didn’t.” He patted me on my back again and we did a toast, “To Skylar!

Thank you so much, Travis. I know the perfect place to do it.”