82- Baby Shower Surprise

SKYLAR’S POV

“Thank you New Jersey!” Luke yelled from the stage, followed by screams from the audience.

“First time I’ve ever been to America, and you guys made it very memorable.” Calum said into the microphone, which was also followed by screams.

“Alright, let’s make some noise for Skylar!” Ashton yelled from his drum kit. “Who has the most adorable twin siblings!” That caused everyone to laugh. The guys were just about to leave the stage, when I told them to stay.

“I’d like all my friends to come on stage please.” I said into the microphone, then looked over to the backstage and motioned my hand for them to come over. “Even the twins, please.”

“What’s this for?” I heard Harry say. It took a few minutes, but then all of my traveling friends were on stage. Niall, Louis, Harry, Layla, Amelia, the twins, 5SoS, all standing next to me.

“Thanks guys. Well some of you may know, but most of you don’t. My father passed away just a few weeks ago and I only found out today.” I heard a bunch of ‘awe’s’ coming from the audience, I smiled, and continued. “I’d like to say something to all of you that are up here today, as well as some others.”

“Skylar, what are you doing?” Amelia asked me, puzzled, but I kept going.

“I wrote this song a long time ago, but I’ve never performed it. Tonight will be the first night I do perform this song.” I paused and looked down the line of all my friends. 

“Thank you all for being here for me, and supporting me through everything. Thank you for being such good friends to me, even if I haven’t known you for that long. I’d also like to say thanks for some who couldn’t be here tonight. Greyson, Isabel, Riley, Jade, Catherine and her kids, Donovan, Ed, Jake, Liam, Zayn, and Blakely. Most importantly, my family. I know I don’t come off as this sappy person, and I’m really not, but I want you guys to know how much you mean to me. This song is for all of you guys out there who need someone in their life, and they don’t know it. This is your chance to tell them.”

I need you here

I need you with me

I need you here

Why can’t you see

I want you here

I want you with me

I want you here

In one, two, three

I never act the same

When you’re not around

I know it might sound lame

But you turn my frown upside down

I can’t bear

To see you go

Cause when you’re not there

I feel so low

After I finished the song, I felt tears in my eyes. Everyone walked over to me and gave me a big group hug. “Thank you.” I said, not into the microphone, however. The crowd was cheering louder than ever. After the hug broke apart, I took a good look at the audience, trying to say thank you to each and everyone standing there tonight, when I came across a familiar face.

“Jade?” I said into the microphone. “Jade, come on up here!” I waved my hand towards the stage, then told the security guard to let her through. “I don’t know if any of you watch Broadway shows, but my good friend Jade here was just recently in one!” 

I let the audience cheer, then continued. “I wasn’t able to make it, since I was really sick a few months back, but on this tour, we don’t let talent go to waste. Care to join me in a song?” 

“Of course, Skye. It’ll be just like old times, except now we’re on a stage in front of thousands of people.” Jade smiled, then got handed a microphone.

“I‘ll Be?” I asked her, then after she nodded, the music began to play. The song ended, and I gave my friend a hug goodbye, but invited her backstage instead of her going back to the audience. 

“Skye that was the best show yet.” Niall came up to me and gave me a hug once we got backstage. 

“It really was.” Amelia told me. “Hey Jade! Long time no see!” Everyone exchanged hugs and greetings. I walked back into the dressing room where Layla, Louis, and Ashton were watching the twins.

“Hey guys!” I said to the bunch. “Ready to go back home?” I asked, picking up my little brother, Layla picking up my sister. “I’m so tired tonight, I don’t know why.” 

“Well you had a rough day, and an amazing concert, so it’ll tire you out.” Louis responded, chuckling. 

“Yeah, well hopefully a good night’s sleep will help me. Let’s get on the bus, we‘ve got Layla‘s baby shower in the afternoon.” I began to walk out the door, with my sister in my arms. Niall brought out Cyrus and it was as if we were already a family. 

The Next Day 

“So are you excited?” Amelia asked our friend.

“Yes, but also a bit nervous.” Layla looked up from her seat.

“What’s there to be nervous about?” I asked her.

“Without the guys here, it’s going to be harder, but I’m calling Louis right after I find out the news.” Layla smiled. Harry, Louis, and Niall had an interview to go to, along with 5SoS and couldn’t cancel.

“I don’t think you’ll need to do that.” Amelia smirked, and I chuckled. 

“Do you know something I don’t?” Layla asked, confused.

“Well, yes we do.” Amelia responded, which left Layla waiting for her explanation. “We know the gender of the baby.” She began laughing, and I joined in.

“Ha ha, very funny guys.” Layla nervously chuckled as well, then checked the time. “Let’s go inside now, the shower started a few minutes ago.” I walked into my best friend’s baby shower with my two best friends. Layla was looking down until I nudged her to look up. She immediately made eye contact with Louis, who now had his arms open, waiting for a hug. 

Watching Layla try and hug Louis was really funny, because her baby stomach was too big for her to hug him, but it’s the thought that counts, right? I noticed Layla was wiping her eyes, but I wasn’t worried because I knew they were happy tears. “Alright, let’s cut open the cupcakes!” Louis cheered, then Amelia and I brought over a few cupcakes.

Layla cut open one of the cupcakes, which revealed a pink filling. “It’s a girl!” She cheered, and everyone clapped.